cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors - Guess who else like the Samsung Galaxy S5 – the Woz!

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassadors - Guess who else like the Samsung Galaxy S5 – the Woz!

I was at a conference last week in Las Vegas (I know, rough life!) where Steve Wozniak was a keynote speaker the last day of the conference.  Only about half the crowd –or less – showed up to hear him speak the last morning (I did mention it was Las Vegas on the fourth morning of the conference, right?) which was a shame as he gave a great talk.  He started out discussing the history of his curiosity and his passion for building and creating things as an engineer in his youth and into his early work career. 

20140522_103007.jpg

Here’s my proof that I was there – 7th row!  He didn’t use any slides and talked from hand written notes for about 45 minutes and then took questions from the audience….he was asked about his opinion on Net Neutrality and the movie about Steve Jobs as well as his opinion on the education system (he used to teach as he really enjoyed helping children to learn and expand their thinking). 

Side note for anyone not aware of who Steve Wozniak (aka The Woz) is  is an American inventor, electronics engineer, and computer programmer who co-founded Apple Computer (now Apple Inc.) with Steve Jobs and Ronald Wayne. Wozniak single-handedly designed both the Apple I and Apple II computers in the late 1970s. These computers contributed significantly to the microcomputer revolution.  (taken from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Wozniak)

So after hearing him speak on so many interesting topics, I actually got to go backstage and meet him!  He was very nice and agreed to take a picture with me and even gave me his business card……when I handed a nearby person my phone to take a picture, he immediately asked if it was a Galaxy S5.  I was shocked that he actually recognized it so quickly – I have an awesome Spigen Slim Armor case around the back of the phone and he still knew.  He said he actually had one and really liked the phone and the design and was interested in the heart rate monitor and SHealth features.  What an endorsement the Samsung Galaxy S5!!

Here’s the picture I got with him (#humblebrag) on my Samsung Galaxy S5.

20140522_114543.jpg

Anyone else ever met The Woz? 

Sprint Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat