BlogArticlePage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Samsung Galaxy S5 meets Lottsa Water Dump Zone!

Sprint Product Ambassador

Capture.JPG

Last weekend I took my daughters to Great Wolf Lodge for some fun. We told our 4 year old we were going to an estate sale in Texas and would stay overnight.... the surprise worked and my Samsung Galaxy S5 went where other phones would not dare without some kind of case on it!

20140509_110136.jpg

Important Note: the Samsung Galaxy S5 is IP67 rated meaning it is water resistant and not waterproof.

Before I went into the water park area, I had to check a few things on my phone to make sure everything was sealed properly.

20140223_165620_1-580-90.jpg

1. Check to make sure charging port cover is sealed and fits flush to the phone.

2. Make sure back cover is properly sealed.

3. Gently press on the back cover to make sure all the snaps are secured

4. Inspect all edges to make sure there are no gaps

5. Gently press to the left of the camera and heart sensor to make sure that one has been snapped too

After making sure all of my seals were good, I was safe to enter the water park with my Samsung Galaxy S5 and take pictures... it was fun and interesting to watch others as i walked around with my phone taking pictures of my daughter having fun and not worried about messing up my phone when splashed.

Combo 1.JPG

Combo 2.JPG

My daughter was standing next to me as all this water came splashing down upon us.... it was lot of fun and my phone survived to take more pictures at the water park and more the next day....

20140508_184842.jpg20140508_192008.jpg

Once we were done for the day, I gently shook my phone to make sure there was not water in my mic and then wiped it down. Everything was still functional and I had no problems... I did have one person call me an idiot for bringing my phone into the water park and another said I was brave to bring it in there. I never submerged my phone or went under water with it as the phone is water resistant and not waterproof.

My Samsung Galaxy S5 took on many splashes, water dump and more the few days we were at the water park. We had fun and I was able to take many pictures of my daughters having fun....

Check out the Sprint Galaxy S5 at a Sprint store near you to take advantage of all the great features this phone has to offer...

Thanks,

Blue

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee