cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Samsung galaxy s5 issues

Journeyman

Sprint Samsung galaxy s5 issues

I have upgraded to the Samsung galaxy s5. The phone start off working good. Now I am having service issues, no volume, not receiving calls, text etc. I have taken it to a sprint repair center three times now, and they are struggling with it. I have even given them all the error messages that it gives me. Now they tell me there is nothing they an do and I need to wait for sprint. I asked how long. No one knows. So I paid $300 dollars for a phone I can't use and have gone back to my S4. I can't return the phone cause I am out of my 14 days. Very disappointing, have been with Sprint for more then 13 years, and this is what I get. Can't seem to get any help from sprint on this matter.

21 REPLIES
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Sprint Samsung galaxy s5 issues

Hi, I'm a Sprint employee and Product Ambassador. I don't work for CARE but I do carry a GS5 and am curious about your issues.

Regarding "no volume." Can you elaborate? I posted a reply to another customer with similar issues here:

Does that help or not?

Regarding not receiving calls, you may be experiencing some of our network upgrade "under construction" dust. A temporary solution would be to put your device into CDMA (only) mode until a CARE agent can validate if your home or work areas have been fully completed with our Network Vision updates.

Settings > Mobile network settgings > Preferred network mode > CDMA Only. This temp fix should be short lived. I'll let CARE agents weigh in based on your locale.

Hope this helps a little.

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Journeyman

Can someone check my area? My zip code is 83401.

Master

Dear Kayden785,

Thank you for your post. Can you provide cross streets please so that we can look at your specific service area?

Sincerely,

Annmarie
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

I am also experiencing issues with not receiving calls. I am receiving texts and all other notifications just fine just not voice calls.

Master

rawrmeng,

Happy to look into that for you as well. Can we please start with your zip and cross streets? Please let me know.

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm also having problems. Every time I get a call, I can't hear the person through the earpiece, but I can hear them if I turn on the speaker.

Master

That sounds like a problem with the earpiece itself, jjgoodwin74.  If you can, I would take the phone to the nearest Service and Repair location as it's a fairly easy fix.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

That is horrible. This is my second phone. Just like you said it was working fine but on 16th day the phone was getting hot, I will text and 30 of the same message will go out. Which it still does. The screen did go black. So I took it to the store and the tech did a update on it then second time taking it back they had to reset it. All within the 14 days. Finally I called customer care and took down my information. I went back to store and it was a software issue. They ordered another one. But the store wanted to keep it so they can look at it. I said no. This phone has. Lot if issues. My Samsung 3 was great. The third time I went back I had to say to them I needed a "automatic exchange"

Master

Key32, I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you. Did the store already order you a replacement order? After the third time like in your case, they should give you the option of replacing the device with another make and model. Let me know , I will be waiting for your response. - Saul
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Good morning,

Has anyone else had issues with their S5 where they were able to receive and see group text messages and then all of a sudden, were not? My daughter's daycare teacher sometimes sends out group messages with updates on the kids' activities and I used to get them. But now when she sends them, I only see her name and no message. I will see the other parents' responses though. This is very aggravating because I now have to ask her to send me a separate individual message so that I know what is going on. Is there something that can be done to resolve this issue? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Master

DDAubs730 - Thank you for posting. I can definitely understand your concern in regards to this matter. Give this a try. From the home screen tap messages then tap the menu icon in the upper right. Tap settings then multimedia messages. Ensure group messages has a check mark. If it is checked, uncheck it then restart your phone then recheck group messages after start up. Please keep me posted with the results. - Kareem
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat