cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint galaxy s5 4.4.4 update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint galaxy s5 4.4.4 update

Anyone have any news? Everythings pretty much gone quiet.The update was listed on samsung website as being released on 9/24 but was removed a couple days later,..thats pushing a month a go.

100 REPLIES 100
Journeyman

Jarvis and Middletown rd. I don't understand how the information is being announced. All we hear is its samsung. Samsung says it's sprint, you guys don't say much. I'm not attacking ya but just say "we have no clue on this 4.4.4 update or lollipop when it comes out. That way these people could stop pestering you guys every day about these updates.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Somethings obviously going on with Samsung as they cant decide which version is current..but atleast either one is 4.4.4

Highlighted
Journeyman

Like I've said before, I feel for the CS reps because they are trying to engage without being committed to an answer they aren't sure of and aren't given. It's customer service vague and they aren't to blame.

I don't really have an idea of how to get the attention of someone that could actually give a time frame or will take the time to send this up the ladder.

I worked for att wireless as it transitioned to Cingular. There were 1,000+ reps at the call center. 6 months later my seniority went from #1110 to #470. That's high turnover. I get that they are the tip of the customer service spear, but they are not being given the tools to deal with this.

The squeeky wheel gets the grease. If Sprint sees this as an acceptable amount of customer complaint, we will never see a supervisor or higher-up putting any pressure on a push. This goes for Samsung, as well as most other companies. It just kind of makes you feel - reminds us of how small we are or this issue is.

I hope this happens soon and everyone gets their act together. Why is Samsung allowing bad information to end up on their site? If it is accurate info, why is it taking so long to get to Sprint? If sprint has it, why is it taking so long to vet the update? If it's vetted, why isn't it being pushed out? If OTA takes so long, why not simultaneously allow for user download via traditional methods? The answer is control we do not understand and it doesn't have a great enough impact to warrant the investment of time in money on the issue.

I'm done here until I have reliable information to pass on or can find pertinent and worthwhile interaction.

I'm sorry to the reps that have to deal with this, but we as customers have no advocates and can only put the pressure on with our wallets. This will not important to anyone until the company starts to lose money (Sprint and/or Samsung.)

Highlighted
Journeyman

It can't be samsung if other carriers have their s5 running 4.4.4. Obviously it's sprint. Lollipop has to rock first on those nexus phones and whatever new phone samsung puts out next. Then we'll get that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What I meant was Samsung reps are saying a different version than what is listed on the Samsung website(read my above post) so thats a little weird.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I cant belive there is no update 4.4.4 and no service any where no 4g lte aslo no sprint spark any where samsung galaxy s5 has so much gitch they need to fix this and quick why we have to pay service that sprint cant give any one great service or fast lte or sprint spark all the time it 3g all day long in my house it 3g sprint spark with one bar and 3g with full bar they need to do cut this 3g off have one 4g lte or sprint spark only other company have that they need to step up with this service

Highlighted
Master

bless316bxborough,
Hello there! We'd be glad to answer questions you may have about our new plan. Let us know
- Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

NeoSkribe,

I understand your sentiments, but all news releases will be made available on sprint.com/newsroom. Please voice all other questions or concerns.

- Joseph
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

NeoSkribe,

We can understand your concern about when the 4.4.4 Lollipop software update will be available. Android creates the new software and choose which phone manufacturers will get it first. Same goes with which carriers will get it first. When they do notify the carrier, they launch the update in numbers. The launch for the iOS8 wasn't available for all iPhones at the same exact time because Apple knew it would cause the network to crash. Same process goes for Lollipop on Android phones. Because Android has LG, HTC, Samsung, and other makes, the wait is extensive. You can always refer to our newsroom at http://bit.ly/1gCkzMz to keep up on the latest 4.4.4 software availability. You may also visit Android's website, www.android.com . Thank you for choosing Sprint.

Richard
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

bless316bxborough,

We currently do not have the information on when the update will be coming to each device. However, we are truly excited about the new Nexus 6 device. This is Google's flagship device and it is a powerhouse! This device will have the Android L update right out of the box!

Keith
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

nautical1982,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand your anticipation. I don't have any word on the updates at this time. Once the updates are available they will be pushed to your device. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you need anything in the meantime let me know, I'm happy to help.

- Laura
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Richard from Sprint Care,..No you didn't just say 4.4.4 Lollipop..lol

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat