cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint galaxy s5 4.4.4 update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint galaxy s5 4.4.4 update

Anyone have any news? Everythings pretty much gone quiet.The update was listed on samsung website as being released on 9/24 but was removed a couple days later,..thats pushing a month a go.

100 REPLIES 100
Highlighted
Journeyman

Nope. I've spoken to Sprint and Samsung and neither have any information other than it will be announce if/when it happens.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a funny feeling there are issues with sprint in how they are getting the update ready for this phone. This phone has performed the worse from the other galaxy phones that came out. My note 2 and s3 worked flawless and this s5 stayed showing glitches from day one. It's a so called flagship device that works poorer than a cheap phone. I might be wrong but sprint dropped the ball with the s5 from the beginning and continue to do so.

Highlighted
Master

shellshellxox12345,

We apologize we do not have any information on the update for the Samsung Galaxy S5 at this time.

- Sophia
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

Android240 We sincerely apologize for the delay. The update for the device is sent by the manufacturer. As soon as it becomes available for the serial number for your device, it will be sent. Your continued patience is appreciated. For updated information, please refer to www.sprint.com/newsroom.

Lavauna
Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just looked out of curiosity and now Samsung's site says its supposed to 4.4.4 again, but with a different build number G900PVPU1ANJ1...Haven't seen that one before??? Which Version of the Android™ Platform does my Samsung Galaxy S® 5 use? : Sprint Cell Phones | Samsu...

Highlighted
Master

bless316bxborough, I'm so sorry to hear that. What type of glitches are you having on your device? What's going on? Let me know, I want to help. - Currie Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

It's back to NE5. Samsung has really dropped the ball. No news and no fixes.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint is not exactly raking in the dough. With all the recent market moves and layoffs, do you guys think Sprint is going to devote time, money and extra resources they don't have to update 1 phone to a higher version of android? If we see this before November I'll be surprised. Good luck with android L too. If it takes this long for a minor incremental update, who knows what's in store for us when that drops. March or April is my guess.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is precisely why it would be great to see an update schedule. TypicL lifespan of a phone is only 1-3 years. If we don't get lollipop until April next year, I'm definitely jumping ship. My parents have an older Motorola that has already gone to 4.4.4 as well as my son's Dell Venue 8. It's embarrassing to be(or at least feel) like being dead last.

On top of that, it's not even waiting for perfection. Feels like the rug was pulled out from under us.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you look above the update history, it says "This mobile device operates on Android version 4.4.4, KitKat (G900PVPU1ANJ1)"  here is the link to Samsung's site http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00059726/85807/SM-G900PZKASPR It didn't say that a day or two ago.

Highlighted
Journeyman

When I bring up the link, it shows NE5 for me. I don't doubt that you are seeing that build, but I'm not surprised that I'm not seeing it. I can't find a single mention anywhere for a 4.4.4 build so I'm just really deflated with this whole situation.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat