cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint galaxy s5 4.4.4 update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint galaxy s5 4.4.4 update

Anyone have any news? Everythings pretty much gone quiet.The update was listed on samsung website as being released on 9/24 but was removed a couple days later,..thats pushing a month a go.

100 REPLIES 100
Highlighted
Journeyman

Check out Lorall10's link, Its at the top, look closely! It shows current version 4.4.4.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The link doesn't show it, but I did find the one that does:http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00059726/85807 so here's the proof. What's the delay?

Highlighted
Master

BengalsFan75, I apologize for the delay. As soon as any information becomes available on the update for your device, it will be sent. For more information, please refer to Sprint.com/newsroom. Thank you for your continued patience. - Jodyann
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

Android240- We have no word on the update right now. You can check back periodically for any updates. - SarahG
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung support has once again confirmed the update as real. They are pointing me back here for sprint to support the delay.

Highlighted
Journeyman

And the drama continues...recent chat with Samsung at 3:30pm eastern today,.Pamela: "This mobile device operates on Android version 4.4.4, KitKat (G900PVPU1ANI4)"

So in a nutshell the Samsung Rep is saying G900PVPU1ANI4

The Samsung website is saying G900PVPU1ANJ1 as current version if you look at the top closely.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00059726/85807/SM-G900PZKASPR

..And Sprint isn't saying Jack.

Highlighted
Master

NeoSkribe,

Updates are pushed out in waves. While Samsung had announced the OTA was going to start or had started; it does not appear they have actually started pushing the update from them, through us to our users.

*Liz
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

Android240, As soon as we have the update, it will be pushed to devices.

- Ash
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Isn't it funny how these poor reps have to write the same thing over and over. It's either wait for your update or blame samsung. Lol. There's no communication between corporate and the rest of sprint service. That update can come out tomorrow, next week or next month. These reps are not given the info we need. I might pay the cancelation fee and go back to att. In the 10461 area code I get poor service anyway.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I sincerely hope so. I reached out to Samsung because that's where Sprint lays the blame. They are now squarely pointing the finger back at Sprint because they have sent the update. I don't know if any of this is true because I have not seen a reliable source, but based on the back and forth I'm disappointed that no one seems to officially know.

Can sprint at least confirm that once there is a rollout, I will be able to download the update via Kies rather than sit and wait for the ota? I really don't want for my number to be called at this point. I'll be happy to go to a Sprint repair store if I have to, but no more waiting to be magically called up.

Highlighted
Master

bless316bxborough, All the information that we have is being announced. There are a lot of towers near 10461. To narrow it down a little further can you provide the cross streets?

- Ash
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

Android240, We will. We highly recommend that wait for ota once the update is available. To avoid any further delays and/or problems.

- Ash
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat