cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint galaxy s5 4.4.4 update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint galaxy s5 4.4.4 update

Anyone have any news? Everythings pretty much gone quiet.The update was listed on samsung website as being released on 9/24 but was removed a couple days later,..thats pushing a month a go.

100 REPLIES 100
Highlighted
Journeyman

Let me first say that this is clearly speculation, but SamMobiles has been pretty reliable.

It's being reported that the S5 line is going to get Lollipop in December. There's no hard data but the source has been pretty reliable. I would assume the Google Play edition gets it first (speculated for November) then the rest shortly thereafter. US carriers are mention specifically so it seems that we won't have to wait until next year.

The only reason I feel this might be true is because Xmas is coming and I'm sure Google, Samsung and all major carriers want their devices to compete with iOS. (Like I've said before, it doesn't matter unless it hurts their pockets... And losing money by coming off as passe or SO fragmented is not good for business.)

Just look it up online, seems to be legit - even if it is a guesstimate.

I hope we get an update soon on Sprint, but it would be nice to get the security updates with an updated OS.

I did want to add that if Samsung had a forum, I'd be all over them too. It's ridiculous that they trickle updates like they do.

Highlighted
Master

Android240

Thanks for your interest. Speculation can be torturing, however, sprint.com/newsroom is guaranteed one of the best places to keep up-to-date on first-hand information relating to your device software. Continue enjoying your device and making the best use of technology. We have certainly come a far way. Have a great day.

- Keisha
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there any update for the galaxy s4 yet ? Since the last one my phone is pretty much useless, I can't use it unless it's plugged into the wall, and nothing works right. I wish sprint customer service would answer questions instead of reading from a poorly wrote script.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This almost looks like Sprint is playing a bad joke on its customers. The sprint care responses seem to be useless and completely ignore the customer. I had a chance to drop Sprint a few months back and I decided to give them another chance. Never again! I have contacted Samsung several times for this update and they keep pointing me back to Sprint. Sprint seems to be hiding behind excuses instead of being honest and open with customers. I am tired of waiting for this update to fix problems with this phone. I really like the phone from a hardware perspective, but really dislike the service I get from sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint or no carriers will ever, ever tell you when an update will happen. If they say "next week" and it doesn't come out, then it's pitchforks and torches and "liar!!!". So, what would be the point of the carrier telling you when an update will come out? It's not being held up on purpose, it has to be tested with all the apps and make sure it works flawlessly as millions of devices will be upgraded and if there is a bug, then the tech support would not be able to handle it. So there is much riding on a seamless update on the devices. And as I've always said, the updates are meaningless. Everyone gets antcy for the updates which I've never noticed much of a difference. And it gives the phone features which no one really uses. Last time everyone got all upset because the split screen update was delayed. Everyone got it finally, and it was pretty much useless.

So don't bother asking about the update, or scanning the web about it because you will not get any info on it. No one knows when it will drop and it's not even on XDA yet which is typically leaked months in advanced.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I will say Sprint typically gets the updates before all the other carriers. I received the 4.4.2 before everyone (I noticed nothing).

Highlighted
Journeyman

It seems that some here have fallen for the excuses they are being given by Sprint. We are not talking about a major OS version release that is full of new features and one that is paired with new phone hardware. What we have is quite the apposite with the GS5. Not a new phone, not a major revision OS change. It is in fact a bug fix release for what should have been fixed when the phone was released back in April. A minor release of the OS such as this one is not something that requires extensive qualification as Sprint makes it sound. Google already did the extensive testing and has released the update to their phones, Samsung has also done extensive testing and has released the update to the carriers. What could Sprint possibly be testing, other than their crappy bloatware which no one uses, that could be taking so long. Add the fact that we are not getting a straight answer from Sprint on the release and that makes Sprint look like they don't care about their customers once they have them sign up.   

Highlighted
Master

Snakesboy195,

We currently do not have the information on when the update will be available. Please stay tuned at sprint.com/newsroom.

Hirscht
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Everyone needs to relax a bit. My S5 run great on 4.4.2. Absolutely no issues. There are only a few upgrades with 4.4.4 so unless these upgrades really affect the performance of our phones in a hugely positive way who cares. Plus, I don't want a firmware upgrade that could screw up a perfectly running phone. Just sayin.

Highlighted
Master

CGGE2006,

Thank you for posting. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I'm here to help.

Hirscht
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

Jesie1,

We cannot say for sure when the release for the update will be available to our customers. Please stay tuned to www.sprint.com/newsroom for information on news and updates. In regards to the services that you receive, what problems have you encountered? We would love to look at it and get the issue resolved. Awaiting your response.

- Carolyn
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

Jesie1,

We definitely do care for all of our customers. Once the information is provided to us, we have no problem providing that to our customers. When the operating system is available, your phone will automatically alert you. Then, at a convenient time, you'll be able to update your device. For now, this link will give you the information you seek: http://bit.ly/1gCkzMz . - Geraldine
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat