cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TERRIBLE PHONE/ TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Journeyman

TERRIBLE PHONE/ TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

I purchased my Galaxy S5 on 6/1/2014.  As of 8/28, less than 2 full months with the phone, I began receiving the Warning: Camera Failed error message.  I have completed all of the troubleshooting steps, including a factory reset to no avail.  In researching the error, this is clearly a known MANUFACTURER'S DEFECT.  I am completely disgusted with the service I received from both Sprint and Samsung.  Samsung was willing to replace the device, however I would have to go 9-10 business days with no phone, which is a bit difficult and dangerous when you have a small child.  In dealing with my local Sprint store, they refused to even look at the phone because of a crack on the screen, which just my luck, happened as I dropped my phone on the way IN TO THE SPRINT STORE. I have both an OtterBox and a Zagg Invisishield Glass screen protector on my phone, and this piece of crap phone still managed to crack.  The rep in the Sprint store was extremely rude and told me that I needed to go through my insurance and pay the $200.00 deductible, more than I paid for the phone.  When I told her that was more than I paid for the phone, her response was "Well this is a $500 device." I then called Sprint customer service asking for a supervisor, and was told I'd receive a call back within 30 minutes. Guess what?!?! That did not happen.  I had to then call back and was on hold for over 60 minutes to speak with a supervisor. I work for a large financial institution and I can tell you, the type of service I received from Sprint would NEVER be tolerated there.  When speaking with a supervisor, the best she could offer me was a 50% discount on the deductible, causing me to pay $100.00 for a replacement phone that may or may not be refurbished.  DID I FORGET TO MENTION, THIS IS A MANUFACTURER'S DEFECT!?! AND ONE OF THE BIGGEST FEATURES OF THE PHONE?!  Companies like Verizon are replacing devices for their customers, and they have best service coverage.  Sprint's service is shotty to say the least.  There are countless times that I have people tell me that they've called and I not see any missed calls, but will receive a VM notification 3 days later.  I am completely disgusted in my choice to stay with Sprint all of these years. I can tell you if something further is not done I will be leaving Sprint.  "Valued" customers should not have to go through this bull EVERY time there is an issue with a phone.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Master

Re: TERRIBLE PHONE/ TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

smorin625-

I am very sorry this is so frustrating for you. I definitely understand how important it is to have your phone at all times, especially having small children myself. I'd like to take a look at your account and see what we can do to get you a replacement phone. Please send us a PM with your phone number and pin/security answer. You can send the PM here: http://bit.ly/1qQty1X Thanks

Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

I have a suggestion for you, y don't you buy a new phone and use it until Samsung sends you a replacement, you have 14 days to return the phone and get your money back. The only thing is that you will have to pay full price for it.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

It seems even providing the requested information, you still get a generic response basically stating help cannot be provided.  Sprint does not care about their customers at all, it is disgusting.  Maybe I should've went with Verizon and my device would've already been replaced.  Maybe I will be going to Verizon.....

Highlighted
Master

Smorin625, Sprint's main priority is to provide all of our customers with a great experience. Your patronage is important to us, and I hope that you'll continue to give us the opportunity to serve you. As previously stated, please send us an private message for further assistance. - Nic,
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been having the same problem. I did everything suggested that I've read and nothing has worked! Even the factory reset. I'm not paying 200$ for a (maybe)new phone when this phone should be fine..

Highlighted
Master

aleeshaw - Thank you for bringing this to our attention. What kind of issues are you having? Is your screen cracked, or are you having a manufacturer's related issue? Let us know, we want to help you. - JonelleSprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

O had my phone replaced for network and call quality issues.

The new phone has same issues. I dont thint it is a problem with the device but a sprint network issue. It would be a waste of money to pay the 200 deductable

Highlighted
Master

motoxer,

Do you have the Samsung Galaxy S5 as well? I'd be more than happy to check out your location to see what's going on. Can I get your zip and nearest cross streets.

*Liz
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

As a representative of a competing cell service company tech support, I can anonymously say, please be more prepared and responsible as a customer, have extended warranty on all lines, have a backup device for this purpose and either allow Sprint to be the great company it is to replace your device until the issue is resolved. "Known issues" is not a blanket statement that says that all Galaxy S5's will have the issue. There is nothing worse than an unreasonably stiff person who isn't willing or prepared to allow your service company to try their best to resolve your issue and all the while expect a magical and instant fix. I suggest you either let Sprint replace it or also consider having the device flashed by a Samsung representative at a Best Buy location. (When customers make outlandish threats about a very basic issue and isn't perspectively willing to be patient, we in technical support will mute the mic and laugh at you, or go home drinking about your nightmarish call. ) We want to help you, but you have to help yourself first by realizing it's just a phone, that can readily be replaced free of charge. I own the Galaxy S5, and it's a fabulous device with no issues so far. . . I day this all in advice, remain calm, smile, laugh and admit that worse things are happening in the world.

Highlighted
Master

149Foxtrot,

Thanks for posting. We appreciate your assistance. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to let us know. We're here to help.

- Marie
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat