cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble adding new contacts on S5 to sync to Gmail

Highlighted
Journeyman

Trouble adding new contacts on S5 to sync to Gmail

I've just upgraded from the Galaxy s3 to an S5 and using the same gmail account can't seem to create new contacts on the devise that will upload/synch to Gmail.  I've checked all settings, contacts are created as gmail contacts, account sync settings are correct but these new contacts will not appear on my desktop version of Gmail.  It won't work the other way either (though email and calendar items sync perfectly)...any ideas??

1 REPLY 1
Master

Re: Trouble adding new contacts on S5 to sync to Gmail

FAITH_F,

That is frustrating. Lets try some troubleshooting steps. Have you tried power cycling (turning off, leaving off for a minute, turning back on) the phone? Do you have the Restrict Background Data selected for the Power Saving Mode? There have been some reports or synching issues when that is selected. Please follow this link http://bit.ly/1xIg2RH & turn that off if that is selected to see if that makes any changes. Let us know if that does not work. We are here to help.

Thank you,

Barry
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat