cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfortunately, Connections Optimizer Updater has stopped.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately, Connections Optimizer Updater has stopped.

I get this message all the time.  My phone also regularly reboots and then gets stuck at the Sprint Spark bright yellow screen requiring a forced reboot by pressing Power+Volume.  I've read where some people believe these two issues are connected.  Hey, look- it just happened while I've been typing this- awesome!  I have the Smart network switch in Advanced Wifi settings unchecked.  What else can I do?  This along with no data while calling is about to cause me to return the phone.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Master

Re: Unfortunately, Connections Optimizer Updater has stopped.

tykaiwy,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand that this can be frustrating. Have you taken the device o a service location to have a tech check things out. I think this may be your best bet in this situation.

Sean L
Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

No, I haven't done that.  Why would that be my first step?  I'd hoped to find an answer here without having to make a special trip to a store.  Doesn't Sprint have technical support other than the store?

Highlighted
Master

tykaiwy,

We can offer simple tech support for our customers. I do advise taking the device in due to the fact that it is much easier to diagnose a device when you have it in hand. It also helps if the tech can witness the issue reoccurring.

Sean L
Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

That response along with this atrocious forum software is making me question my decision to leave Verizon.

Highlighted
Master

Let's see what we can do for you have you made sure the Connection Optimizer is off. If you need help with that we can walk you through that but I do need to know what kind of phone you have?

-John
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Crawl back to Verizon when you still have a chance.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat