Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Poor LTE reception in Cincinnati, OH

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Very Poor LTE reception in Cincinnati, OH

I'm a new Sprint customer and just switched to Sprint and have bought 2 new Galaxy S5 phones.

I live in the Cincinnati metro area and I pretty much never get more than 2 bars of LTE signal anywhere I go. This includes driving down the I75 co-oridor and downtown in the city itself.

To verify the signal bar means something, I run speed tests (OOKLA). I have never seen a download value exceed 1.5 MBPS.... I was kind of expecting at least 10 MBPS+.

I have tried manually updating the PRL and ran ##SCRTN# a couple of times with no change. My wife's brand new S5 has the exact same problem.

Also noteworthy, I got the new galaxy tablet (SPARK) along with my phones and its reception is equally poor (though I haven't tried it throughout the city yet).

The coverage map says I should have SPARK coverage in every location I noted the 1 bar reception.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've done tons of googling/research online and tried several things, none of which worked.

Thanks for any help.....

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Very Poor LTE reception in Cincinnati, OH

To anticipate the question cross streets are Mulhauser and West Chester Rd in 45069.

Master

CincyBrian Have you tried using Sprint Zone to troubleshoot? http://bit.ly/1isQFYi- Joanne
Sprint Social Care
Master

CincyBrian- You are correct. You are in a LTE area. Have you checked out SprintZone? - Joanne
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat