Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual voicemail causing S5 to not enter deep sleep

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Visual voicemail causing S5 to not enter deep sleep

Recent phenomenon.  Starting about 10/15, I noticed that the S5 (running 5.0 stock) never entered deep sleep state, causing battery rundown.  After much experimentation, I determined that it was the visual Voicemail app.  If I roll the voicemail app back to factory original, the phone now enters deep sleep state normally.  If I allow it to update the voicemail app, then the phone once again never enters sleep state.  I've wiped the cache and app memory, to no avail.  Anybody else notice this?  Anybody got a fix (short of rolling back to factory original version)?

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Visual voicemail causing S5 to not enter deep sleep

I am also having this problem.  It started right around when you said yours started, 10/15.  I have not figured out a solution.

Journeyman

I have noticed the exact same issue.  I will go through 10% of battery per hour.

Journeyman

I have also noticed that the voicemail app is keeping my phone awake.  Been off charger for 1 hour and 55 minutes and the voicemail app is top of the list with 1 hour and 38 minutes awake.  Its bad enough the voicemail app has ads but now its eating up battery life is crazy.

GrandMaster

a fix has been pushed. power cycle your devices and it should clear up.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

You know you can turn off the ads from the voicemail app settings?

Journeyman

Yup, that's nailed it.  Thanks!

Journeyman

Just as an FYI for other folks who may have this issue.  The original factory voicemail app pushed with 5.0 update is version 6.0.1.14.  The new pushed version is 6.0.1.22

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat