cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI CALLING ERROR AFTER LAST UPDATE - GALAXY S5

Highlighted
Journeyman

WIFI CALLING ERROR AFTER LAST UPDATE - GALAXY S5

Wifi calling has been working great on my Samsung Galaxy S5.  This is a must since I have no coverage in my office.  Before Wifi calling I would go all day without a call or text. 

After the last update a few days ago in February 2015 it no longer works in my office or home.  It will connect for a few minutes and then I will get the Network Connection Error.  It is at my home and office so I know it is not a change in the wifi network.  I rebooted phone several times, turned off Wifi, and also deleted Wifi connection and re added and none of it seems to work.  Please help.  I cannot go all day every day without my phone.

51 REPLIES 51
Master

Re: WIFI CALLING ERROR AFTER LAST UPDATE - GALAXY S5

srossi44, Are you still able to use WiFi to access the internet from the phone?  Generally this error occurs when the phone can't make the hand off between our network and the WiFi network, though sometimes it can also occur on WiFi networks that require authentication (not necessarily an SSID password, but login through a browser).  - Christy

Sprint Social Care

Community Manager

srossi44, I've moved your message to the device specific forum to ensure it gets the appropriate attention. - Moderator SeaWolf

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

I'm in the same boat as srossi44.  My wife and I have S5s from Sprint. I applied the Lollipop update and wifi calling does not work at all.  She did not apply Lollipop and is working just fine.   Is it possible to restore the phone to the older droid OS?  The phone is unusable for me without WiFi calling.

Thanks...

Journeyman

I am in the same boat. Updated my S5 this morning. When I click on settings, wifi calling and my network it says "An international location was detected for this Wi-Fi access point. International locations are not collected or saved."

Journeyman

I'm in the same boat as well. WiFi calling no longer working which makes my phone completely useless... I live in an area with virtually no coverage, meaning no WiFi calling/texting equals no ability to contact anyone. Very frustrating!

Journeyman

Having the same problem. Watching this for a response.

Journeyman

Having the same issue here - no wifi calling. Tried disabling firewall and QOS on router, updated PRL and profile. Still not working. Everything worked fine before the update.

Master

COLDZERO1, We know that this may be troubling. Are you able to browse the web while connected to a Wi-Fi network? Also, have you tried force stopping, then uninstalling the Wi-Fi calling application? Before reinstalling the app, turn the device off, then back on. Keep us posted. We're looking forward to your response. - Vanessa
Sprint Social Care
Master

MEDINAWI - We understand your frustrations. Please refer to this link: http://bit.ly/1qQty1X - Trisha Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Vanessa,

I am able to browse on Chrome and do all other functionality. I turned off wi-fi calling l, force stopped the app, but under settings -applications - all wifi calling and wfc settings i do not see a button to uninstall or roll back updates.

Journeyman

How do we uninstall and reinstall the WiFi calling app?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat