cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI CALLING ERROR AFTER LAST UPDATE - GALAXY S5

Journeyman

Re: WIFI CALLING ERROR AFTER LAST UPDATE - GALAXY S5

Same issue. You guys at Sprint suck. Had the same issue few months ago when the upgrade was performed. Happened again today. I may cancel the whole service. Why can't you check the upgrades before you do them? I have Note 4 BTW.

Journeyman

I have the same problem. It started today. I can connect to the Internet using wifi but cannot connect using wifi calling. I have tried every suggested correction nothing helps. I have terrible Sprint connection so cannot make calls. Lollipop is worthless, I want kitkat back.

Journeyman

Seems to be a server problem maybe because all of us just started having this problem since lunchtime roughly.  Maybe the app has to contact a site to get approval to run/work and its broke.  It no coincidence that we are all having this problem not at the same time for no reason. I know if you have the mobile data off it doesn't work either and that should not really have anything to do with WiFi calling

Master

PIKACHERVA We don't want to lose you as a valued customer. Have you tried troubleshooting steps? We are here to help! - Mitzie
Sprint Social Care
Master

APRILKESTER,

I'd be more than happy to assist you. To uninstall and re-install the WiFi Calling App, go to Play Store > My Apps > Select WiFi Calling > Select Uninstall. Let me know if this helps.

- Tammy
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

WiFi Calling is a System App and can't be uninstalled/installed through the Play Store. Isn't even listed in My Apps.

We have 4 Samsung Galaxy S5 Phones in this household, and have upgraded 3 of them so far. All 3 upgraded phones fail to connect to WiFi calling after the 5.0 update. The remaining 4.4.4 phone isn't here at the moment, but will check if WiFi Calling works on that one when it is available.

UPDATE:  The S5 that is still on 4.4.4 KitKat is working perfectly - including WiFi Calling. Ball is back in your court, Sprint.

Master

COLDZERO1

Unfortunately, you cannot uninstall the operating system update. We are currently working on a fix that will revert everything back to its planned functionality. However, you can uninstall and re-install the WiFi Calling App to troubleshoot by going to Play Store>My Apps>WiFi Calling>Uninstall. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Please bear with us while we solve this technicality.
-Luz
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

As per above post, I say again  - - WiFi Calling is a SYSTEM App and CANNOT be uninstalled/installed through the Play Store. Isn't even listed in My Apps, and is not accessible to the end-user unless the phone has been unlocked and Rooted..

I would suggest you read through these posts so you don't give any inadvertent misinformation

Journeyman

This isn't available in the app store

Journeyman

Same here my wifes works fine no update.my phone no wifi calling, contacts crashing.web pages crashing. Only thing i notice is when i tapp wifi in the call settings it keeps saying i have a international access point? And cant save i live in the us

Journeyman

Same issue here. WFC worked perfectly yesterday until about 9 p.m., when I completed a call. A little while later, the WFC status symbol had a line through it and there was a status message stating there was a problem with the network connection. This has persisted in spite of reboots, clearing cache, turning WFC off and on, etc. I agree with PilotSteven that there is likely a server error causing this issue for many of your customers. Please look into it and let us know when it will be running again. I depend on it.

Master

Polnara,

I'd like to see how we can get this issue resolved. Please send a Private Message following this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X

- Carolyn
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat