Did you mean: 

WIFI CALLING ERROR AFTER LAST UPDATE - GALAXY S5

Journeyman

Re: WIFI CALLING ERROR AFTER LAST UPDATE - GALAXY S5

Private message you need to resolve this for all

Master

Deeznuggets,

I'd like to assist you. Please send a private message following this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X

- Carolyn
Sprint Social Care
Master

dragonewithhart,

Allow me the chance to aid. Please send a private message following this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X so that I can assist on a more private platform.

- Carolyn
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have tried the following:

1. Settings - Network - Wi-Fi - (in the upper left hand corner settings) - Advanced- unclick Smart Network Switch

2. Settings - System Update - Update PRL

3. Reboot

This has seemed to fix my problem.  Just a suggestion.

Bud

Journeyman

That did it for me Bud. Mine was already unselected so I selected, updated PRL, reboot then uselected, update PRL, Reboot and all is well. Will try on the other 2 in the morning.

UPDATE Re-enabled Smart Network Switch and everything is still working.

Journeyman

I have the feeling that whatever was broken on Sprint's end is now fixed. Probably a coincidence, but I ended up completely deactivating my phone, then reactivating it a while later. After then doing a SCRTN network reset, the wifi calling came up. It also showed that it was updating the app. All is well.

Journeyman

Glad it helped.  I have been able to make a few calls and it seems that all is well.  Let us know how the other three phones go.

bud

Journeyman

Mine was already unchecked as well... Did the same as Polnara and now mine works! Thanks for figuring it out, Bud!

Journeyman

After talking to Sprint earlier today and trying many things I have given them a fix which they are disseminating to upper management to roll out to everyone.

Here it is for you to try  (there is no risk to this either):

1.  Go to Settings

2.  Open the Application manager

3.  Scroll all the way to the right to the ALL section, then scroll all the way down to the bottom and find "WFC Settings", tap it and clear the cashe, then go back and find "Wi-Fi Calling", tap it and clear the cashe for it as well.

4 turn on your Wifi Calling and it should start to work as it previously did.

I tried everything they told me including a factory data reset that did not help at all.  This seems to be the fix.  Let me know if this worked for you.

Journeyman

I turned on Smart Network Switch, updated my PRL and rebooted and guess what?

No Wi-Fi calling.

Tried Spunkster265 's fix and did not work. Glad that worked for you Spunkster265, but if unselecting Smart Network Switch and updating the PRL doesnt work, keep this as something to try

Journeyman

So far nothing seems to really be fixing the WiFi calling. I moved to a new location and new wifi and it worked for maybe 30 minutes, and now will not, gives the error International Location was detected for this access point.

Journeyman

*Update*

I was able to get Wi-Fi calling to work using that fix Spunkster265, but it worked for 5 minutes.   I did poke around on my phone and I noticed:

1. I have a dual band 802.11n router.  When Wi-Fi calling did work, it was connected to the 2.4 GHz connection.  When I turn off the 2.4 GHz connection in Wi-FI calling, trying to force it to the 5 GHz connection, Wi-Fi calling fails.

2. When I remove Smart Network Switching, update the PRL and reboot, I automatically connect to the 5 GHz connection it stays connected. And my phone doesnt feel hot.

bud

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat