Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird MMS, notifications, signal

Journeyman

Weird MMS, notifications, signal

Okay. I just upgraded to the GS5. I have an ongoing group text with 4 friends. All of their texts, EXCEPT ONE PERSON'S, come to the group text. The friend in question has a GS3 on Verizon, and we never had this issue when I had my old crappy LG G2. The other people in my group text aren't having this problem with her texts, they all work just fine (funny, I'm the only one on Sprint). Also, the texts all come in out of order, and my friends' replies will show up before my original text. It makes following the conversation impossiblE and very, very frustrating!

Another thing, which is kind of trivial, but annoying nonetheless. I can only use emojis in texts. I know it's silly but I kind of got used to having them for social media (even on the old LG), and now on this brand new, amazing, brilliant, whatever phone, I can't use them. I would insert the poop emoji right here, but...

Also, I get notifications all the time (facebook, pinterest, texts, whatever) and when I click on it, there's nothing there. Makes me want to pull my hair out. I thought this phone was supposed to "the next big thing" or whatever. Thus far, it seems to be just a big waste of money.

On top of everything else - my signal is just awful. I lose signal constantly.

Please help! I don't want to have wasted an upgrade on this phone! The thought of another two years of hating my phone is making me want to jump ship to another carrier.

1 REPLY 1
Master

quickdots, thanks for reaching out and explaining. I apologize for the issues you have had with your new phone. How long have you had the device? We do have a 14 day return policy if it is not working out. Also, have you tried taking it to a service and repair store to have checked out? This may be the best way to get a hands on troubleshooting diagnosis.
- Sarah
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat