cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the point of Sprint Spark if you can't have simultaneous voice & data (talk & serf) during your calls????

Master

Re: What's the point of Sprint Spark if you can't have simultaneous voice & data (talk & serf) during your calls????

Gioia999 - In order to better support the new Sprint Tri-band network, and preserve device battery life, newer devices and all iPhones, and Sprint Spark devices may not have the capability to use data on the LTE network while on a voice call. I hope this helps. - Latonya
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: What's the point of Sprint Spark if you can't have simultaneous voice & data (talk & serf) during your calls????

Amazing!!  Are you agreeing that I cannot receive a call if I happen to be using data.  Does Sprint really think this OK?  these are, first, phones, right?  What kind of software wouldn't be able to figure out that an incoming call should disrupt any data session.  I can hardly believe this, and hardly believe that it took me this long to realize it was the cause of my dropped incoming calls.   And, by the way, just repeating the same corporate mantra over and over, especially the utter falsehood that this is all about batter life, is just insulting.  This isn't about battery, is it?  This was designed in from the start.  The 'battery' post-justification, repeated ad nauseum, is beginning to sound like a test routine for a standup comedy gig.

Journeyman

This has nothing to do with battery life.  Every other cellular network in the United States of America both GSM and CDMA has the ability to use voice and data at the same time.  Nobody is complaining about battery life because they have simultaneous voice and data.  I don't know why Sprint keeps bringing up battery life as a defense for their inability to compete.  This just seems like an excuse.  I have an iPhone 6 Plus.  (A pretty new device)  This phone has simultaneous voice and data on every other network including Verizon who is also CDMA.  The difference between Verizon and Sprint is that Verizon has upgraded their network to support VoLTE.  The iPhone 6/6 Plus supports VoLTE.  Sprint does not. 

Journeyman

So my question is: Why hasn't Sprint upgraded to VoLTE yet like every other major cell phone provider in the USA?  I need to be able to surf and talk on the phone at the same time while not connected to WiFi.

Master

JasonBurns,

In order to better support the new Sprint Tri-band network, and preserve device battery life, newer devices may not have the capability to use data on the LTE network while on a voice call. Customers can still do simultaneous voice and data while connected to wi-fi. You will experience better performance when using one service at a time. Popular devices that do not talk and surf include all iPhones, and Sprint Spark devices.

Stacy
Sprint Social Care Team
Master

Gioia999,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Click on this link to learn more about the new Sprint Spark Network. http://bit.ly/JfIVhN . If you have any further questions or concerns, let us know, we're here for you.

- Ackeem
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Are you really doing this?  You are going to reply to my reply with the same garbage reply you replied the last time?  lol  This is amazing!  Do you have the ability to scroll up and read previous comments in this thread?  If so, I am offended at your response!

Many people are upset about this.  This is a very big issue!  I am not the only one.  Your cut and paste responses are very offensive.  Not only are you not reading the comments, you are posting the same response that does not address the issue or a solution over and over.  I do have the ability to scroll up and read what you wrote earlier.  Posting it over and over again is not helping.  The problem is not that I can't see or read your cut and paste response.  The problem is that your cookie cutter response is not addressing the issue!

Comment 79:

"JasonBurns, In order to better support the new Sprint Tri-band network, and preserve device battery life, newer devices may not have the capability to use data on the LTE network while on a voice call. The device will perform better on Sprints new network when using one service at a time, but you are most definitely able to simultaneously use voice and data while connected to WiFi.  - Jodyann Sprint Social Care"

Comment 88:

JasonBurns, In order to better support the new Sprint Tri-band network, and preserve device battery life, newer devices may not have the capability to use data on the LTE network while on a voice call. Customers can still do simultaneous voice and data while connected to wi-fi. You will experience better performance when using one service at a time. Popular devices that do not talk and surf include all iPhones, and Sprint Spark devices. Stacy Sprint Social Care Team

Comment 80: 

This is not what I asked.  I have been with AT&T for about 10 years and had the ability to surf and talk at the same time.  Your answer is to justify the shortcomings of your network by taking about saving battery life?  I don't care about Sprint's new Tri-band network if it means I can't have voice and data at the same time.  I need this feature for my business and I can't always be near a WiFi connection.  CDMA is an old technology.  Verizon uses a CDMA network also, but they upgraded their network to VoLTE.  I left a GSM network (AT&T) for this.

Comment 86:

This has nothing to do with battery life.  Every other cellular network in the United States of America both GSM and CDMA has the ability to use voice and data at the same time.  Nobody is complaining about battery life because they have simultaneous voice and data.  I don't know why Sprint keeps bringing up battery life as a defense for their inability to compete.  This just seems like an excuse.  I have an iPhone 6 Plus.  (A pretty new device)  This phone has simultaneous voice and data on every other network including Verizon who is also CDMA.  The difference between Verizon and Sprint is that Verizon has upgraded their network to support VoLTE.  The iPhone 6/6 Plus supports VoLTE.  Sprint does not.

Journeyman

So my question is: Why hasn't Sprint upgraded to VoLTE yet like every other major cell phone provider in the USA?  I need to be able to surf and talk on the phone at the same time while not connected to WiFi.

Master

JasonBurns

Great question! We are hard at work developing our network services throughout the country. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Pamela
Sprint Social Care
Master

JasonBurns - Because the device has the Spark, you are unable to use both, the internet and talk on the phone at the same time. If you are wanting to do both it would be best if you get a device without the Spark.

- Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I am not willing to use an Android phone.  I want an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus.  So what you are telling me is that if would be best if I change to a different company for service since you are not able/willing to offer what every other company offers.  Is that correct?

Master

JasonBurns - We definitely don't want to lose you as a customer due to this issue. We are doing everything possible to make sure that you're able to use both data and voice at the same time. Are you aware of when your upgrade is?
- CrystalSprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat