cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why 16gb when you could go with 32

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why 16gb when you could go with 32

Hey guys, not ranting here but I  would like to know the reason of why getting 16gb when there is a 32gb version and you know better than costumers how big is Android kit kat and the minimal amount of space left for costumer use. I as a costumer and I believe I'm speaking in the name of almost every single sprint costumer wouldn't mind to spend $50 more for a 32gb instead. Have you ever bother asking your costumers what we want and if we are willing to pay what it cost, I dont think so. I know the new gs5 can take a 128gb micro sd card but that's not the point at all. Also Samsung if they know the amount of data space they will be needing  why not build it with 24gb so you can use 8gb for all the software that phone needs to be loaded with and then you market it as a 16gb (actually 16gb free) one thing is taking 1-2gb out of 16gb for whatever it may be needed but 8 out of 16 is like buying a starage area where half is already used, dont you really think so?

So could you explain to me why 16gb and not a 32gb?

Please dont patronize me or try to guess an answer, I rather you to say "honestly I don't know"  than come up with some dumb answer.

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: Why 16gb when you could go with 32

The answer for that is because that is the cheapest phone out of all the models for the S5, so it will be cheaper for Sprint and it will be faster for them to collect the money that they will give out as discounts (for the contract renewal).

As I said on the other post, I would love to see a 32 or more build in memory on a phone, looking at the usage and sacrifices on apps that I'm doing, but unfortunately, it's not much we can do, Sprint has already decided what they are going to do. Also, I guess they learned from past experience (note 2), the 32gb version did not sell that good.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Hey Dj_Damjano:  Do you work for Sprint or do you just like to answer questions directed to SprintCare?

Your replies give the impression that you have already abandoned hope of getting a 32GB S5, whereas from what I've seen in official replies, the 16GB will be available in mid-April, availability of the 32GB has yet to be confirmed or denied.  Don't give up hope!  I'm not giving up on getting a 32GB smartphone from Sprint and I sincerely hope it will be the S5 so I don't have to buy the HTC One (M8).

Master

I don't work for sprint, and just trying to give, you and others, what I have read here, online and what has been said from Samsung.

If you read the original post, it was not addressed to SprintCare, he/she started the post with "Hey Guys"

If you have read my other posts, I would love to get the 32Gb s5, but, again, with what I read, chances look slim.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Hey Dj: Thanks.  You seem to be very well-read on this and provide very timely answers.  

Master

thx, just trying to help

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat