Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Hotspot Not working after 4.4.4 Update

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Wifi Hotspot Not working after 4.4.4 Update

just to confirm...i shoud change the IP setting ??
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Wifi Hotspot Not working on galaxy S5

I'm not sure if my issues were related to any particular update, but I tried your fix and find it only marginally better.  Is there anything else you can suggest ??

Highlighted
Master

Freddy920, are you having problems with the Hotspot? May I please have more details about what is happening?

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an ongoing issue trying to use the hotspot on my Samsung S5 with my laptop. I repeatedly get "no network access".  The problem seems to occur more and more.

Highlighted

Freddy920

How long has this been happening? Does it only happen when trying to connect your laptop to your phone's hotspot Wi-Fi? Or is it happening with other external devices as well? Is this the first time you experience this?

Is the data connection working well on your phone? Please, provide your nearest cross streets and ZIP code so I can take a look at the performance of the network in your area and, determine if it's working as it should.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Its been happening for months now, and its happening more often.  I tried connecting another laptop, (another brand), with the same results.  Occasionally there is a data connection error on my phone as well, but not as frequent.  It seems I can still get the internet on my phone, but not thru my hotspot. The problem is intermittent, being more of a problem at different times of day, (afternoon, weekends).

I wasnt sure if during busy times of the day, your tower was overwhelmed.  There are times when I cant seem to maintain a data connection for more than a few minutes, and times its fine, (like now).  The zip code is 07010.  The nearest cross streets are Gorge Rd & Edgewater Rd, (in Cliffside Park, NJ).   I really need to find a solution, and appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Thanks for that. Service seems to be working fine in the area. Can you tell me what troubleshooting steps have been taken? Besides from the ones previously described here. You have a Galaxy S5, correct?

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

i restart the phone...did the ##7??# restart...i did have a rep look at the tower and she mentioned the data connection looked spotty...

The problem seemed time dependent...this morning at 6am it was fine...but at 2pm the day before, it was hard to get an internet connection.

Highlighted
Journeyman

yes, i have a galaxy S5....and i found this on a help board and tried this as well........"So you go to SETTINGS> HOTSPOT> tap the menu icon once on the HOTSPOT screen> tap LAN settings > set the IP ADDRESS to 10.1.10.1 and set the SUBNET MASK to 255.255.255.0 and right below the SUBNET MASK, checkmark the DHCP so it is turned on."

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Freddy920

Please make sure that your device has a data connection and that Wi-Fi is turned off. Then, please follow these steps in order to configure the Mobile hotspot on your device:

1. Tap and drag down the Notification bar.

2. Tap the Settings icon.

3. Scroll to the Network Connections section and tap Hotspot.

Note: The Settings menu has three possible arrangements, Grid view (default), List view and Tab view. To change the Settings view, tap the Menu icon and tap the preferred view.

4. Tap the Menu icon.

5. Tap Configure hotspot.

6. The Network SSID, Security type, and Password are displayed and may be edited as needed.

These settings are required for other devices to connect to the Hotspot. Tap Save when finished.

7. Tap the Hotspot switch to turn the feature ON.

Note: The Sprint Hotspot requires an active 3G or 4G connection.

8. If Wi-Fi is enabled, an Attention prompt will appear. Tap OK to disable Wi-Fi and enable the Hotspot.

9. The Hotspot is now set up.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Freddy920

Once the hotspot is configured, please update the data profile on your device:

From the home screen, tap and drag the Notification bar down.

Tap the Settings icon.

Scroll to the System section and tap System Update.

Tap Update Profile.

Once the profile update is complete, tap OK.

The data profile is now updated.

Please keep us posted with the results.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

hadn't done an update in a little while. The update seems to have helped.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat