cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't surf and talk

Highlighted
Journeyman

can't surf and talk

I waited so long from a s2 to a s5 and right now I rather my s2 because I could surf and talk. I didn't ask because I thought you get and upgrade not a downgrade. Sprint should say this to their consumers because a feel it's a false advertising. I'm so disappointed my friends laugh at my new s5.

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Master

Re: can't surf and talk

catadora,

Thanks for reaching out! We definitely want you to enjoy your new device! You can go on the internet and talk while on Wifi. I also had the Galaxy S2 and was able to do both while on Wifi. Have you tried this on your S5? Reach out!

Thanks,
Justin Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

If I'm sitting at home, I'd probably be using a computer to surf the Web if I was on the phone just out of convenience. Sprint has lost touch with what the consumer wants and is purely after the dollar now. Less is more for them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I could surf the Web on my S2 and my S4 both (without being on WiFi) while on the phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

It has something to do with it being a triband phone. My s5 or my buddy's flex can't surf and talk. But my s3 could and my wife older s4 can.

Highlighted
Master

not sure on the flex, but the S5 has one antenna that connects it to the network, and until Sprint will turn the voice over LTE on, all devices like the S5 will not be able to use data while on a call, unless under WiFi.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

correct...that single antenna is the downfall this go around..until they get SVOLTE yall are looking at talk OR browse as your options lol..how you been Billdoe?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

Yep, the M8 is guilty of that as ell. I think even the M7, but not positive, you have the M7, is it the same?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Master

Smotrs, The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 was the last SVoLTE device launched by Sprint and able to perform simultaneous voice and data. Every LTE phone after that are eCSFB or CSFB and have a single chipset with a single antenna therefore simultaneous voice and data is not possible. –AJ Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

So the M7 I'd the same. Thanks for clarifying.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

nope..i still have multiple antennas to use so i can talk and chat as long as im either on wifi or LTE...did it just this weekend while in Sacramento Ca...well outskirts of..matter-o-fact i was doing a speed test while talking on the phone to my brother lol..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

i think the Note3 came out right after the M7

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat