cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't surf and talk

Highlighted
Master

Re: can't surf and talk

correct, note 3 was the last one with multiple antennas.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Master

But is it SVDO?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

only while on LTE or wifi...not over 3G..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

Ok, then the last TRUE SVDO phone was the LTEVO and SG3, did the SG4 have SVDO or was it the same as the M7?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Wizard

My Htc M7 could surf and talk on the phone at the same time. The new spark enabled devices are the ones that do not support svdo. I think that the sg4 could surf and talk at the same time its just the s5 that cant now.

Correction i think that the s4 had a update that may have made it spark capable and so if that is the case then it would no longer be able to surf and talk either..smh

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i dont believe so..the only people i have noticed chiming in about having the ability to do both are usually talking about the LTEVO or the S3. nothing more current than that..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

Right, the M7 can do it via the Spark network, but if they go outside a supporting area, they can no longer do it.

Even with the update to the SG4, I don't think it had true SVDO support though. I think that stopped around the time of the LTEVO and possible SG3.

--

Highlighted
Master

that's what I'm thinking as well.

--

Highlighted
Journeyman

My understanding is that all the phones are switching over to Sprint Spark and this is the reason the surf talk feature was eliminated from the S5. My question is once the note 3 switches to Spark will it still be able to surf and talk?

Highlighted
Master

But I believe that only applies to newer phones. Older phones like the LTEVO should still be able to use SVDO because they physically have the hardware inside to support it whereas the newer ones that will be using he Spark Network will/do not.

In fact, I was using SVDO on my LTEVO up until I replaced it with the M8 recently even after changes to the network in my areas as well as installing the 4.3 update that was released by HTC.

--

Highlighted
Master

zoeymom24

Thanks for your question. Sprint Spark is not achieved by a software update, it's actually a different antenna type that makes Spark possible. So you shouldn't have any worries with your current Note 3. Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Robin
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

the M7 is non spark capable..it can do it while connected to 4G LTE but that is only because we still have multiple antennas.

smotrs wrote:

Right, the M7 can do it via the Spark network, but if they go outside a supporting area, they can no longer do it.

Even with the update to the SG4, I don't think it had true SVDO support though. I think that stopped around the time of the LTEVO and possible SG3.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat