Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid sim card issue

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

invalid sim card issue

have a Sprint Samung Galaxy S5 that was "Rescued" at my local Boost Mobile store, but I did not have a Sim Card. After contacting Boost Mobile, they sent one to me in the mail, and although the phone itself does work, I keep getting an "Invalid Sim Card" error message. My data comes and goes whenever it pleases.

I've performed the ##72786# and it claims to successfully complete the activation, but once the phone reboots it says “invalid sim card” on the top left corner.

so i have done the total reset. i have not done it lately but i did it in the beginning of this process.

so the problem now is this...i can make and recieve txt msg and calls, no problems. i can even get on the internet, no problem. wierd right? i have a 3g logo next to the bars when it should be 4g and i still also have the "invalid sim card" logo on the top left corner. so confused right now

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

Re: invalid sim card issue

robertorojas86, even if the device its unlocked, we make no guaranty that it will function correctly on different carrier's network and

even if another carrier activates the device, that device may not function correctly on that network.

Have you tried to use it with another SIM card?

Ina.

Sprint Social Care Team.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
GrandMaster

was the phone by chance originally on a different carrier or even on Sprints side or Virgin mobile ? it might be locked still and not allowing the sim to work. im airballing it here so this might or mightnot be what youre seeing on your end...but its a possibility.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

yes it was originally from sprint and i switched it over to  boost mobile

Highlighted
GrandMaster

ah. that could be the issue then. if its not unlocked it wont allow any other sim card to be used in it.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

ok but how can i still make and recieve phone calls and txt msg and how come i can still get online and how come i still get the 3g logo

Highlighted
GrandMaster

if youre able to connect to 3G then you should be able to send MMS messages since they are sent using data packets unlike regular texts or SMS messages that use the voice side. if the sim card is a Sprint sim card then it might need to be added to the system, could be bad..or its not the correct SIM card for Sprint.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

actually i think im getting a bit mixed up here. are you putting this phone on Sprints network or on Boosts network?
Highlighted
Journeyman

my apologies for the confusion. this is a sprint phone. this phone was currently working with a go smart sim card. i rescued it, took the sim card out and i switched it over to boost mobile and boost mobile sent me a new sim card....and then i ran into everything else

Highlighted
Journeyman

hello again,

try & be patient because this has been frustrating....i called boost mobile already many times...they sent me the correct sim card for this phone 3 times already...when they try to pair it with the phone they tell me that their system continues to read that the sim card and the phone are not compatible...i tried it with all 3 sim card they sent me that are supposed to be compatible with the phone and nothing. they acually told me that they do not know what the problem is or how to really fix it, at least that is what the last tech told me over the phone....this is a weird problem that i have found no solution for yet

Highlighted
GrandMaster

as long as they added the phone into their system correctly and the sim card is working how it should it should be working fine. you might try another sim card in case that one is not working correctly. you might also try their site out. the agents in there will be much more knowledgeable with their side compared to this side which is more dedicated for the Sprint side of things.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

and theyre not showing that its carrier locked or anything on their side?
Highlighted
Master

robertorojas86, even if the device its unlocked, we make no guaranty that it will function correctly on different carrier's network and

even if another carrier activates the device, that device may not function correctly on that network.

Have you tried to use it with another SIM card?

Ina.

Sprint Social Care Team.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat