cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lollipop ugrade battery drain

Journeyman

Re: lollipop ugrade battery drain

mmark271_

I am also having Major drain on my battery S5 seems like now I have to charge it every six hours before upgrade could go all day long using my phone for text phone calls watching YouTube!

And only have to plug my phone and at night to charge today had to charge it twice the commercial Samsung put out about iPhone have to be charged up every 15 min. Now applies to Samsung S5 this is a ridiculous upgrade and costing customers. Sprint needs to fix quickly.

GrandMaster

this would be more on Sammy than Sprint..either way Sprint will have to relay what people are seeing and work with them to get it fixed.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

We need to put the blame where the blame  belongs!

Wasn't this a Google program to begin with. I know I read somewhere that Google was the persuading company for this program upgrade. The problem I'm having with Sprint, Customers started complaining on the fifth of this month my phone did not receive the upgrade until the 17th. That same night is when I started having battery problems. Like I said charge it once good all day before upgrade after upgrade. Lucky if I can make it four hours without a drop to 50% or less. This is just unacceptable already filed complaint with Samsung then filed complaint with Sprint what happened to Maw Bell? The original phone company without all the bull. And yes I know about Verizon and AT&T having the same problems why would all these companies take a chance on customers changing service. It doesn't make a whole lot cents in less there trying to push new phones to their customers because of the screwed up program  that would be just wrong!

GrandMaster

all andriod updates start out with Google..then to the manufacturer..then to the carrier to do testing and or add in bloatware etc..then back to the manufacturer to do additional testing to make sure its still working..then to us. Nexus phones get their OS updates pushed directly from Google without any middle men..so if the issue is spotted with them as well as with us then its probably a blooper from google..if not then something was goofed after it left Googles hands. the updates are first able to be manually searched only for a few days to a week..THEN its pushed to the phones in waves going by serial number..so that route can take a few weeks to finally get to a device..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

also if you keep tabs in this site you'll see people screaming about new updates and whatnot that they have yet to receive etc etc..its the name of the game when you get into smart phones..the next latest and greatest when it comes to phones and or the abilities theyre able to do or will soon be able to do when a update gets to it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes you may be right about smartphones and upgrades the next best thing and all,  but I still like my old system  I knew it I knew how to configure it. I knew how to use It. New upgrade makes me  feel like I'm back in first grade  learning the phone all over again.

And as they say you can teach an old dog new tricks. If he wants to learn! 

..........................     "I don't"....................................

It would have been nice if they'd ask their customers before this download? Today  my phone seems to be coming around did not have to charge it as many times seems like battery drain working its self out! two thumbs up on that..  But I still have a problem with the extra memory that this upgrade filled.. If I'd known about this upgrade I would have bought a bigger micro memory only got 16 gig should've went with the 32 gig you learn as you go!!  (I guess.)

GrandMaster

turn off the auto updates..technically you dont HAVE to download the update that is pushed to it..however it does make it easier to troubleshoot if/when there are issues with it when it comes to the agents in here.

youre not running a sd card?

Journeyman

YES! I am running a SAMSUNG MICRO SD CARD 16 GIG...? I know there called an SD card but I still think of them as micro card.... And before you ask also have the sim card to,,!

AS far as the updates thats normal BUT this was a complete overhaul of the phones system! to a ??

Plus it wiped all my calendar dates I had set like,  DOC appointments. some but not all birthday's need to check old dates to see if there gone (they were backed up two weeks ago.) hopefully backed up old dates are still good?

Also I can't get into SPRINT TV . it comes up with NEED THE NEWEST UPDATE TO USE THIS APP. When I try to up date I get taken out of the app back to home page and nothing happens? tried this over and over same thing every time!!!  Whats up with that problem???? anyway still not happy with Sprint from selling me a phone that only worked on wimax for $200.00 when they knew the phone was obsolete.(Sells Rep knew about the switch to LTE 4 G at the time I signed up) Sprint didn't even send an apology they stuck me with that two year contract with a phone that couldn't access 4G. Thats the way Sprint is! until some state takes legal action and says no more ripping off customers in our state.    (Sorry I get a little carried away when I think about first phone from sprint.)          

Master

MrBugsy2 - We understand your frustration, and we apologize that you are feeling this way. What can we do to turn this around for you? - Mabyn
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I wish I'd never downloaded Lollipop 5.0.0.1.

You call this a software an "upgrade?"...I recently purchased the LG G3 and LOVED the phone until this absolute piece of garbage was downloaded..battery drain is the worst on any phone I've owned.

After making us wait and wait and wait for this new release, (which was bad enough) and now to have a phone that's WORSE after the upgrade?

Many besides myself are really angry about this and I would like to know what your company is going to do about it?

Master

donkeyhodey - Hi, have you tried to reset the device back to factory settings? Sometimes a reset is needed to resolve any compatibility issues.
- Kas
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I had the same horrific battery drain with LP. After a hard reset, the battery performance is back to normal.

New issue - contacts is constantly notifying me of failure and must close.

Ongoing and not addressed issue - bouncing between LTE and 3G in poor coverage area.  Was at Independence Event Center yesterday. Went in with 80%...3 hrs later 20% and I only sent one text.  When I looked at the device - it was bouncing between 3g and LTE and very hot. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat