cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lollipop ugrade battery drain

Journeyman

lollipop ugrade battery drain

Battery draining like crazy since the ugrade this morning. In one hour went from 99% to 67%. Help....

62 REPLIES 62
Master

Re: lollipop ugrade battery drain

ValPal25 --

Thanks for alerting us of this issue. Disable any unused apps, especially ones that uses significant battery life. There are other features that may be active such as Google Health or S Health that you may or may not use, which can be disabled. Keep the brightness on your device at a low or reasonable level, as screen brightness is a major contributor to battery drain.

- Julian
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks but that's not the problem. It's the upgrade. This is a new issue since i upgraded today. Also, yahoo mail is not sending properly and I am not receiving Microsoft Exchange emails. Again - all worked fine before. Is there a fix? Can i go back?

Master

ValPal25 -- Do you receive an error message when sending a Yahoo e-mail? I would try to re-setup your Microsoft Exchange account in order to resolve the issue. There are no known issues with Lollipop and e-mail server issues. Unfortunately there is not an official process to rollback your software upgrade. If these issues are related to the Lollipop upgrade, a fix may be in the works.

- Julian
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

SprintCare wrote:

ValPal25 --

Thanks for alerting us of this issue. Disable any unused apps, especially ones that uses significant battery life. There are other features that may be active such as Google Health or S Health that you may or may not use, which can be disabled. Keep the brightness on your device at a low or reasonable level, as screen brightness is a major contributor to battery drain.

- Julian
Sprint Social Care

While these things will help with battery life in general.....the 5.0 update has been atrocious with battery life after the update, ie, these things did not have to be addressed on 4.4.2 (4.4.4 was pretty bad with battery life too).  I have already factory reset my device 3 times to try to eliminate all possible bugs.  Sprint and Samsung better get on this fast, the battery drain is incredible.  If the phone sits idle, it might make it like 10 hours, but if you use it at all, it'll burn through the battery in 4 hours or less.  Truly amazing fail of an update.

Also, I get system apps, like Contacts, crashing almost once per day, then a whole variety of other apps closing too. This is strictly software related and is usually caused by a memory leak in the software, regardless of the number of apps installed.  The OS starts dumping apps and services when it's running out of memory. 

Cross streets, PRL updates, factory resets, reprovisioning data, and visits to repair centers won't help this.  Please forward issues on to the developers or higher level CS agents.

Master

mmark271_ --

We have notified our device technicians of this issue. Thank you for your feedback.

- Julian
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

this is happening across the carriers with the S5 and LP..just about everything im reading in here im also seeing with the Verizon phones that just received it recently.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Contacts are crashing as well.

GrandMaster

have any of you performed a cache wipe (a cache wipe is NOT a Factory Reset) to see if it clears anything up?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

I have tried:

1. Clear "Contacts" cache in Application Manager
  2. Clear Cache partition through recovery
  3. Clear Cached data for all apps in Storage

It (the crash) returns.

GrandMaster

bah humbug..anyone feeling froggy and wanting to test a FR on their device ? lol.

Master

SNOOPROB40 - I understand, but have you you used the Sprint Zone app to troubleshoot those issues? Also, please rest assured that measures are being taken to rectify this as soon as possible. - Joseph
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat