cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lollipop ugrade battery drain

Wizard

Re: lollipop ugrade battery drain

debun wrote:

I was at a repair center.  It was close to closing time, go figure.   Bottom line is I am still having battery issues and my phone was fine until the upgrade.  I have looked at app usage using the Samsung vitamin app.  The biggest users are Android OS and Android system.  Does it make any sense sending my phone to Samsung?   Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

NO.  They (sprint or samsung) can't do anything to your device.  It is an issue with the OS software and not hardware.  Reboots will help the problem, but ultimately Samsung will have to release new software to fix this.  We're all in the same boat, just keep charging your device and sending your huge checks to Sprint, they'll just point to Samsung.  Wish I could do that for my bill!

Master

debun

Thanks for the update, initially a bug fix software update will have to be rolled out. We have not heard word of this as of yet. I apologize for all the inconveniences this is causing.

Regards,
Krishel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Turn off "Always allow scanning." See this article:

How To Fix The Android 5.0 Lollipop Battery Drain Problem | Cochinoman

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat