cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on the galaxy s5 you can't be on the phone and the surf the web at the same time

Highlighted
Journeyman

on the galaxy s5 you can't be on the phone and the surf the web at the same time

why sprint have to do this to the s5. Thats a big down grade and they need to fix that asap.

102 REPLIES 102
Journeyman

Re: on the galaxy s5 you can't be on the phone and the surf the web at the same time

I know I am upset with them as well. Every other phone provider always this. The S3 you can but the S4 you cannot, so I was hoping that when the S5 dropped they would unrestrict this! AGGGG

Journeyman

Re: on the galaxy s5 you can't be on the phone and the surf the web at the same time

Thanks for the post.  I'm about to upgrade my phone and this is useful info!

Journeyman

This is not new.  Sprint has always had this.  If you are LTE though, you should be able to do it. 

Journeyman

I am having this issue when I've never had it on my s3 or s4

Master

DJATL Thank you for bringing this to our attention I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. If your device is Sprint Spark/Wi-Fi then you should be able to us this features at the same time. Some restrictions may apply depending on the device type. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you *Randi Sprint Social Care

Message was edited for clarity by: SprintCare

Journeyman

Hey I have been having some issues with my Galaxy S5. I'm in areas where my S3 got 4G but for some my S5 is always running on 3G I have yet to see my phone connected to 4g and I'm in the 90250 area that shows on the coverage map that there is spark all over here, Also when I am on the phone it drops the 3G connection making it unable to talk and surf. The only time I haven't had this issue is when connected to WiFi . SprintCare

Journeyman

Yeah i dont get it on my S3 i was able to do it why cant i on my S5, i dont like i cant do this, 😞

Master

lestere1987

Thank you for bringing this to our attention I'll be happy to help. I have looked into the 90250 area and I'm showing that upgrades are underway in the area. I recommend keeping your network setting set to CDMA only till your market is complete. This will help with service. You can follow the progress of your area on sprint.com/network.

Thank you

*Randi

Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Randi,

According to your previous post stating we should be able to be in a phone call and surf the web simultaneously. Is that correct? So may I ask you how you see the service for my Galaxy S5 in the Houston Metropolitan area? Lets just say for example where I work, which is in area code 77027. Then where I live, which is in 77396. Please enlighten me as to whether my Galaxy S5 should in fact have the capabilities to simultaneously surf the web while on a phone call or if this brand spanking new phone simply cannot support that function on Sprint Spark/LTE. If the phone is in fact capable of doing both functions simultaneously, then I may have a problem with my specific device, which may need to be returned and replaced. So please, let me know any information you can provide for me and for many many others in the Houston area.

Master

Older phones used to make calls under the 3G antenna and if you had LTE or WiFi around you could still go online while you were on a call, but now, it seams like the S5 uses only one antenna for voice and LTE, and until Sprint will implement VOLTE (Voice over LTE), it will not be possible (unless you are under WiFi).

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

I just found out about this today.

Any city that has the new Spark Network will NOT be able to surf the web and be on the line at the same time.

This affects me since I'm in Houston...

Im very disappointed but I am hoping that this will get fixed once Spark is available for everyone.

Someone needs to make this aware to Sprint.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat