cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on the galaxy s5 you can't be on the phone and the surf the web at the same time

GrandMaster

Re: on the galaxy s5 you can't be on the phone and the surf the web at the same time

were they bringing it in with the regular NV or with spark? how are things looking down there in LV anyways? keep forgetting to ask.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Re: on the galaxy s5 you can't be on the phone and the surf the web at the same time

we have regular LTE up and running, almost everywhere I go I have LTE, I'm not 100% sure but I think it is not spark.

Speed wise, I have to check, I have not done any speed checks lately.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
GrandMaster

at least its starting to speed up down there..wonder how many of the sites are still waiting on the backhaul? theres always a pretty decent handful of them that are on a standstill waiting for it..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

That sucks as I was told I would be able to do so.

Master

MOODYFROG76:

Currently, that is not available on the S5 unless connected to wifi. More information may be located here: http://support.sprint.com/support/article/FAQs_related_to_the_difference_between_cellular_data_and_WiFi_on_your_Samsung_Galaxy_S_5/WFAQ_542_GKB70050?INTNAV=SUSmiley Very HappyPSmiley SurprisedV:FAQSmiley FrustratedamsungGalaxyS5:FaqsRelatedToTheDifferenceBetweenCellularDataAndWi

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

thats was the samething I was told also

Journeyman

i saw a store on this. After sprint start using this new LTE spark You can't make a phone call and use the web. I think sprint will loss a lot of customer because if you are a business call and you need to check your e-mail. You can't. They need to rethink this because no one need hd vice. Sprint need to hurry up and fix this problem. I call samsung and they told me it's something with sprint because the phone have that feature on it. If sprint is doing a change. They need to let customer know. we are in 2014 now and that's one feature ever carrier should have by now. And they need to stop using 3G.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/news/2014/04/sprint-spark-phones-dont-support-voice-lte-simultaneously

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/04/sprint-s-spark-4g-network-problems-phone-calls/index...

Master

taylor7177

Thanks for reaching out and we do understand your concern. We do have phones capable of using voice and data at the same time; while others do not include that capability. Spark is not available in many areas yet, it's still new and being tested. Not all customers choose to use smart phones; 3G is still a very big part of every network for the customers who choose to continue to use basic phones.

Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

my phone doesn't do that. I can read email, surf, be on hold on the phone, etc. I've done everything but take a picture at the same time, though maybe i'll try that, next.

Love the S5. Now that I got the one I was SUPPOSED to get, instead of the white one sent. had to pay an extra $35 to exchange white for black locally because the corporate store gets snotty if you buy online. SO angry about that. So, they owe me for that restocking fee, and they owe me for the activation for the first phone that took forever, because no one planned for a lot of people to be activating at once, apparently.

Also: black phone much better than white - the back is not slick like the white, but grippy in a leather kind of way, not a rubbery way. The white is so slick and has such a tacky sheen to it. Phones should have grip. I do keep mine in a full case, but still -- make a phone that doesn't slide out of someone's hands! The black one is superior in grip.

Journeyman

This is one of the many features that Sprint has disallowed and all I can figure is a maybe holding back trying to figure out a way to bill users for it. another major feature is the download Booster that comes with the S5. It allows the S5 to simultaneously download a file using Wifi and LTE or Spark. Fyi Spark is just a technology that combines 3G & LTE towers, it's really not a new network. Everyone has 14 days to return their phone to sprint and my tests have shown Verizon allows all these features. Sad to say but after 7 years with Sprint, I am switching to Verizon and getting 2 S5's for one and the use of features that come with the phone. Sprint needs to get back to where they were when Dan Hesse revamped Sprint. The best days of Sprint are now behind us.

Master

MoPho2011, I'm so sorry to hear about the color mixup, no good at all.  Am I correct that you actually ordered a different color than you received?  If so I can totally understand why you'd be upset about paying a restocking fee.  Can't make any promises but I'd like my team to take a look at that for you, if it hasn't already been addressed.  If you'd be so kind, send us a Private Message to SprintCare with your Sprint phone number, security information and a short description of the issue (or a link to your post here is fine).

Just wanted to clarify, in case you hadn't found the information elsewhere, the ability to talk and surf  while on the Sprint network isn't a function that's been disabled.  There's only one radio in the phone versus two in other versions. There's a hardware restriction that prevents us, presently from installing two radios in Spark phones and therefore restricts the phone from talk/surf except on WiFi.  Unfortunately, it's not a function that we chose to turn off and therefore might be able to turn back on at some point, I'm sorry.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

I do agree with you, but honestly, if you have a WiFi connection, chances are you have a good network connection and speed, so having the Booster or not, is not going to make a difference (since Sprint does not have a good connection in doors anyway).

Surf and talk is something I don't understand. Why did they roll out a phone with a single antenna when the network was not ready to use SVLTE, a feature that they will roll out soon, but soon I guess is not soon enough for many people that are on the go and use that feature a lot.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat