cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"System Update" constantly popping up after NE5 update (BUG)

Highlighted
Wizard

"System Update" constantly popping up after NE5 update (BUG)

Every so often the GS5 will pop up a message saying "system update" in the notification bar.  It does this quite frequently.  It doesn't actually update anything though as PRL or data profiles are not updated.  This is a BUG and should be addressed if it hasn't already. This is replicated on every GS5 I've tested with.

Tags (3)
23 REPLIES 23
Master

Re: "System Update" constantly popping up after NE5 update (BUG)

mmark271_,

May I ask when did this message first start popping up for you? The reason I ask is because this is not a known issue and does not happen on the GS5's I have worked with. Please let me know.

Sincerely,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

That big came out with 4.4.2 in these phones. When you turn them on they all show the update icon, then it goes away.

Journeyman

My S5 is 3 months old and is doing this since I own it.

Master

bless316bxborough - Have you tried doing a hard reset on the device to see if that helps? Let us know, we are here to help. - Andy
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My s5 does this as well. Will display the notification but nothing happens. Its not checking for updates because it isn't updating the checked for updates date. I've factory reset my phone and the issue persists.

Master

maldohector23693- Try updating your device via Wi-fi. On the dial pad enter ##72786#. - Steph
Sprint Social Care
Master

COLTON421 - I'll send this up to the networking team to review. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. - Carl
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hold UP Hold UP!!!..LOL Peeps,..This is all normal, you just never noticed the "system updating" when you started up your phone until you did the system update. All galaxy s5's say "system updating" every restart or startup. Its built like that!

Journeyman

My phone constantly does it throughout the day. At least 4 times a minute, literally . Sorry you're wrong this is not normal. Sure wish I kept my S4 cuz this S5 had been a BIG disappointment

Journeyman

same issue here for months. Get the "system update" notification VERY often, and was wondering about that for many months.

Master

SMARTHAND - We understand how frustrating this issue is. We are working diligently to determine a resolution for you all. Thank you for your patience in the matter. - JaSherai
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat