cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s5 says I have my voicemails but I don't have any

Highlighted
Journeyman

s5 says I have my voicemails but I don't have any

Have tried everything I have found on the internet to remove this vm icon saying I have 5 VM

I don't have any voicemails I was using Google Voice and i disconnected it and did a hard reset of ##rtn# and reset with msl which clears out the phone numberand everything not just a hard reset that still keeps number RTN clears it all.

reactivated it even switched phones on my account the other phones don't show voicemail icon

however this phone does show a voicemail icon saying I have 5 voicemails

even though I don't any voice mails

I'm about to return this phone

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the same problem yesterday. Pull down the notification window and press and hold the voicemail notification (that won't go away). A box with "app info" will pop up, select it. On the app info page select "Force Stop". It worked the first time I did it, but then came back. After the second time the notification did not come back. (And I've received voicemails since yesterday that came through correctly and when deleted the notification went away like normal) Hope that helps!

Highlighted
Journeyman

nfortunately I've gone through 3 different hardware devices multiple hard resets and ##rtn# that clear everything including the phone number requiring a new/ reactivation on the phone side andmultiple 4 stoBps multiple leaving a new voicemail just to delete it I've tried everything there's something wrong on Sprint network side I've seen this on more than one device I'm glad you got yours fixed however for the rest of us were still up the creek without a paddle.

Highlighted
Master

TLORDON-CN, Sorry you're unable to get rid of the the notification for voicemail on your phone. To better assist you please refer to sprint.com/chat. LH-Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same problem here. It says that I have 5 vm's. I have force closed several times and also cleared the data but the notification keeps coming back. I have to assume that this is some kind of a bug that will have to get addressed.

I spoke with customer service as well but they could not help me (did all the stuff the first poster said).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks a bunch!  It worked like a charm.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat