cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

surfing while talking

Go to solution
Journeyman

surfing while talking

I'm EXTREMELY disappointed that the new Spark network won't let you get on the internet while I talk on my new Gs5 without Wi-Fi ... Does anyone know a way around this?? If not I'm returning this phone.

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Re: surfing while talking

Sprint was say something regarding they can't switch from lte speeds to cdma with you need to talk on the phone btw. Is the network the phone itself is capable of doing

Journeyman

I realize it's the spark network... the problem is all of the newer phones run on spark and that causes the talking problem. Sprint needs to change that or they will lose customers

Master

Guppy412, the current build of Spark devices has only one radio internally, which does limit SVD to WiFi only. There isn't a workaround because it's a hardware limitation. I know that this might be a make it or break it for you with the phone; if you're within the 14 return period, you're within your rights to do so.

- Christy

Social Care Team

Journeyman

That's extremely disappointing to know that sprint is building phones with less capabilities when the same Gs5 on another carrier can surf and talk. I'm seriously considering leaving sprint altogether. I know other carriers can meet all my needs and expectations.

Wizard

Sprint isnt building phones...Its the manufacturer that does that but the system by design is limited so that the talk and surf is not possible unless on wifi.

Journeyman

I love how Sprint is not telling it's customers this new limitation before they buy these phones.

They've known this for quite awhile, but sure don't talk about how their phones can't do basic smartphone functions.

Oh you want to navigate and take a call?   Not with Sprint Spark!

Master

illegal_operation,

We are sorry you feel this way. We still carry devices that do have this function. We do not manufacture the phones, so we do not determine the hardware that goes into the devices that may or may not allow this feature. These devices still offer several features that other users are looking for.

-Patrick

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I don't think so, who ever gets this phone is going to want to return it and be disappointed like I'm is not the phone is that spark thing your new antenna that is not capable to provide the service talk and data at the same time. Don't blame the phone is Sprint.

Journeyman

Is there any other phone other than the s3 that has that feature??

Master

JAMIEHUGHES,

Thanks for the reply. Other devices that support voice over data are the HTC one, Samsung galaxy S4, HTC EVO 4g LTE, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and Note 3,

-Kalah
Sprint Social Care Team
Master

All the new phones that Sprint released by the end of 2013 start of 2014 have only 1 antenna on them, that is why they do not support surf and talk at the moment, later (hopefully sooner then later) Sprint will implement Voice over LTE (VoLTE) that should fix the issue.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat