cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Let There Be Power - Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Let There Be Power

main_edge3_fastcharging.jpg main_edge3_easycharging.jpg

The Galaxy S6 comes with an already equipped 2550 mAh battery. This battery will give a good days charge while allowing the flexibility to use apps, make calls, text, and tweet about your daily adventures. What if you are a heavy user or just want to top off your device? What happens if you are out and your charge is low what do you do? Well there are quite a few choices and option available to you.

Samsung includes with the device a rapid charger. This is no ordinary charger. This charger can give you a speedy recovery in matters of minutes. With just 10 minutes connected you can achieve up to 4 hours of use. If on empty let the phone charge for 30 minutes and you can obtain 50% of battery life for use.

EP-TA20JWEUSTA_main_600.jpg

Samsung has made this phone even better by means of adding in the ability to wireless charge your device. If you never done this or seen this before I recommend it. This type of charging is starting to become an industry standard, and I love it. To me this is the next biggest thing in wireless tech. With Wireless charging there are basically 2 types of systems out there Power Matters Alliance (PMA) and the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC), the latter of which owns well established Qi standard. Samsung in an effort not to limit you has added both options within their phone. You can choose whatever one you want to use. Samsung sells their own puck for wireless charging or you can use whomever you want. Keep in mind wireless charging is no rapid charger but if you like the minimalist feel with no wires or clutter you will be a prime candidate for this option.

Let's not forget that Samsung also thought about what to do if you're stuck without a charger and are running out of juice. Now included is a feature called "Ultra Power Save Mode". Just like the S5 if you're down on power and need to extend your time turning this service will extend your time  in some cases if your down to 10% it can extend it up to an additional 24hrs. Ultra power save mode turns off high graphics and changes the display to monochrome with bare minimum use. You will have abilities for calls text and maybe a couple application you choose to add that are compatible with this mode. Ultimately this feature will give you back time need to get to a charger or ability to use in emergencies.

Ultra_Power_Saving_Mode.jpg

Samsung is definitely thinking about the consumer when advancing their equipment and options. From rapid charging to wireless connections Samsung has enabled the user to be free to choose the option that works best for them. Can't wait to see what the future holds. Enjoy your phone as I know I will and use it to the fullest knowing you can charge in minutes.

Disclaimer:
The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee