cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Make It Easier - Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Make It Easier

Samsung's device is amazing and it has all the bells and whistles. What happens if all these bells and whistles are too much and you just want a phone to be a phone? Samsung has given the ability to change your device into easy mode. Easy mode converts your phone from standard mode into a more simplistic setup. Users will be given a more simplistic home screen layout. All font sizes will immediately be changed to large font type. Application interaction will also become more simplified for selecting and using.

To access easy mode the user will go into settings - under Personal section select Easy Mode. Then select Easy mode and click done your user interface will immediately switch to the new mode setup. Right off the bat users will notice the changes and larger font type. The home screen will have 3 screens selections.

Screenshot_2015-05-09-13-46-46.png

The center main home page will have the clock and weather icons along with 6 application choices for easy use. Swiping to the right will present the screen for access to your favorite contacts. You can add a contact to the favorite's page by selecting the plus sign next to the icons. Choose either an existing contact to add or add a new contact from scratch. If you added someone you no longer need easily select the "Edit" option in the top right corner and select the red minus sign next to the contact you want to remove.

Screenshot_2015-05-09-05-57-53.png Screenshot_2015-05-09-05-57-19.png

To access you application uses would swipe to the left from the home screen. Here users are presented a screen with the similar setup to the favorite's page. Here you can add up to an additional 11 applications for immediate access and use. To add an application simply click the plus sign scroll to the application you want and select it. It is that simple. To remove an application same as the favorites section select "Edit" at the top and select the red minus sign next to the application you want to remove.

Screenshot_2015-05-09-05-58-58.png

One application I would like to point out is the Magnifier. This application is not directly accessible in the normal mode but makes easier mode even better for those that are hard of seeing. Easy mode already increases font size to large, but let's say you have a hard time reading a paper or even a menu at a restaurant this app can help. Upon selecting the application it activates the camera. Within the application you can then directly increase the magnification on what you are viewing up to 5 times for better visibility. Even has the ability to turn on the flash for added brightness. If for some reason you don't have steady hands then select capture and then zoom in or out on what you are trying to see and read it. I thought this was a very nice addition to the easy mode.

The view as seen with the camera active and the ability to increase magnification

Screenshot_2015-05-09-06-12-47.png Screenshot_2015-05-09-06-13-17.png

The view of a capture and the magnification that can be done.

Screenshot_2015-05-09-06-11-20.png Screenshot_2015-05-09-06-11-01.png Screenshot_2015-05-09-06-10-47.png Screenshot_2015-05-09-06-10-36.png

Easy mode also does not hinder my battery. I found using this mode came to work out the same as if I used normal mode. The main difference is visibility and accessibility to applications. Samsung while they did increase the font to large both on the menus and within the applications I found that notifications still came in as regular font size. Even while in locked mode notifications on the screen are also only in regular font size. Not sure why these don't get auto change to large and there doesn't appear to be setting to make that happen. But overall this doesn't change the full experience that much.

Screenshot_2015-05-04-05-56-53.png Screenshot_2015-05-07-23-15-16.png

I am finding out I actually prefer this simplistic mode over the normal mode. Limiting my screen to only certain number of applications is nice and keeps the phones screen from being too cluttered. Though the target market this service was created for I believe hit the mark. It is an excellent option for those who want a simplistic feel and does not need to use all the gadgets and widgets. Keep it Simple and easy is the fundamentals of this setup. keep in mind this is just a basic functionality and Samsung does have even more accessibility options available to the user. Check out the additional features in the accessibility section of your phone.

Disclaimer:
The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee