cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S6 First Impressions from a non-techie

Sprint Product Ambassador

I wasn’t looking for a new device – I was quite happily content with the one I had. But Samsung S6, you really have been winning me over this week!

If you’ve read my reviews before, you know not to come here looking for specs and details and statistics, what you will get is “Is it easy for regular folk to use”. I need my phone to do the following: Emails (work and personal), maps (I get lost sometimes), web access, text, and photos (I’ve got some cute kids). I also need to make sure that I won’t get dropped calls, or lose access because with my family – I have mastered the art of work anywhere and multi-tasking.

But before my phone can do all of that, it needs to be set up. And can I do it by myself without having to call customer service. And the Samsung S6 was! It helps of course that I know both Android and Samsung, and already have a Google account – but the whole setting up of my home screens and preferences – I was able to figure that out without even having to go to help. And getting all of my applications loaded and email set up also took record time.

Now, the first test of my use of a new phone is if I can take a good picture with it. And look at that photo of a rainbow I took the first night I had the phone. And it was dusk and far away and fading already. And the picture of the kids playing turned out extra clear too.

Speaking of being at the park at dusk, the brightness of the screen was impressive. Even with it being on the power saving mode.

So, first thoughts are positive! Stay tuned to further reviews, and let me know in the comments if you have any specific things you’d like me to review.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

4 Comments