cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: S Health on the Samsung Galaxy S6

Sprint Product Ambassador

As luck would have it, I have a 5k I am preparing for, and the S Health has been a very useful tool. I wasn’t even really aware of the application until a fellow PA mentioned it. I didn’t know if I was going to like having the electronic reminder, but it turns out it is not as intrusive as some health applications.

I don’t like the gym, and with my busy life I don’t like to be part of a running club, since I would hate to let my team down when I had to back out of work outs. But I need a bit more motivation than just a pedometer. I decided to try S Health, and after a few weeks I am a little obsessed. I like that it isn’t about miles run or calories. It is about did I meet my goal for being healthy for the day. And I like that I can set it up to do notifications, to gently remind me to drink more water, or eat healthier.

I also am pleased to report that I was able to set it up without any extra instructions, but I am glad that I went to Samsung’s website for even more tips and tricks. Like the pedometer Widget. (I did have to take off my home screen, as it was taunting me – but that is on me).

Screenshot_2015-05-08-13-58-51_resized.png

And as for accuracy, I am also wearing an old school pedometer, and the count is really close (I don’t carry my phone everywhere after all!)

I have found that it does drain the battery more by having it run, so I am trying to have the Power Saving Mode on at the same time, to see if that helps. 

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee