cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador - S6 Fingerprint Scanner at its Best

Sprint Product Ambassador

Fingerprint security or "bio metric" scans have been around for years to secure precious things, such as military secrets, vaults and safes, log in credentials on corporate computers, etc. But having them on a phone was unheard of until only a couple of years ago.

Last year, in response to a certain device, Samsung added the traditional method of fingerprint security (slide your finger) on the Galaxy S5 and the Note series in 2014. Although very secure, it just didn't work as well as the "other" guy, especially in a one hand situation. Almost always I had to use 2 hands, one to hold the phone, the other to swipe the finger in order to make it work. It got so bothersome, I stopped using it.

Until NOW!

http://www.talkmob.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/How-to-Use-the-Fingerprint-Sensor-on-Samsung-Galaxy-S6.jpg

The NEW Galaxy S6/Edge series phones have a better more effective and speedy fingerprint scanner, that only requires a touch of your skin on the home button. That is it. It takes several impressions of your fingerprint with varying angles so it is really hard to miss or make a mistake, but still be secure. Here is a nice tutorial on how to set it up (Thanks to the unknown write at urisov.com) https://www.urisov.com/samsung/galaxy-s6/galaxy-s6-edge-tutorial-to-set-up-multiple-fingerprints/

Long story short, it is very convinient than any other method such as PIN, Pattern or the ungodly PASSWORD. However, you still have the option to enter your password in case you have some grease or tar or something on your fingerprint. But I would suggest setting up more than 1 just in case you have an accident

Until next time

-- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee