cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: Samsung Galaxy s6 Easy Mode

Sprint Product Ambassador

I had the HTC One E8 last year, and one of the features I really liked on it was the Kids Model. I don’t like the kids to have access to work related emails and such! I also want them to just be able to call me or their Dad – not everyone in my contacts.

The Samsung Galaxy s6 (as other Samsung phones) has this feature called the Easy Mode – and it is just as Easy as it sounds. Just go into the main settings menu and scroll down to the "Personal" section. Then tap "Easy Mode." From there, you can choose the applications that you want to have in Easy Mode.

Screenshot_2015-05-29-09-20-14.png

Then your device will be in Easy Mode. You’ll have 3 Tabs. The home tab with your chosen applications, then to the left side, you can choose contacts you want easy access to, and to the right side you can choose more applications.

And then to go back to “Standard”, or Normal mode if you will, just go back to Settings, Easy Mode, then Standard Mode.

The downside of course is that there are no special locks on it so only I can chose the applications and the contacts, but for the 6 year old she couldn’t figure out how to do it. It was too “easy” though for the 9 year old to be able to further customize for himself.

I do like the feature however. And I can actually see using it for myself for when I am in “Vacation” mode and just want to simplify my life too.

Until next time!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee