cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: The Samsung Theming Engine

Sprint Product Ambassador

Android is known above the competition for one thing and that is customization. You can practically replace every app in your phone with your preferred app and it all works the way you want it to work. This is especially apparent when you replace your launcher and add an Icon Pack. Samsung has introduced something that has taken that customization to the next level. Samsung has introduced a full system theming engine. I say full system because these themes do not just change the icons on your desktop. These themes touch every Samsung aspect of the phone. It seems that Samsung built a theming API (Application Programming Interface) with which all Samsung applications interface. So if the theme says the primary foreground color should be black, every app that uses the primary foreground color will use black. Here are examples using the "Waiting for a Train" theme:

Calculator

Screenshot_2015-05-20-22-35-37.png

Drop down quick settings

Screenshot_2015-05-20-22-39-10.png

Dialer

Screenshot_2015-05-20-22-35-43.png

Text messaging app

Screenshot_2015-05-20-22-37-10.png

*Note: The little dots on the screen are my fingers. I enabled the feature to show where I'm touching so that I can track touches when making screen capture videos.

**Note: Yes, it was my birthday.

While there were not many themes when the S6 originally launched, the Theme store has been growing on an almost daily basis as of late so I can't wait to see what kind of themes I will end up with in the long run.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee