cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: S6 Battery Life Test

Sprint Product Ambassador

I've heard a lot about the marginal battery life on the S6.  I've found that at the office, I'll get through a full day of work without having to recharge, but I've never thought too much about it because I always have access to a Quick Charger.

However, last weekend I had a chance to test side-by-side with my wife's S6 out at the ballfield.  No chargers in site, 9+ hours of competitive softball!   I set my S6 to 'Reduced Power Consumption Mode' while she left hers at full draw.  We both checked the weather frequently (heavy weather coming in), shot lots of photos, videos and updated our social networks.  We both had our screens set to Auto Brightness. I could tell my screen just wasn't quite as bright, but perfectly visible on an overcast day.

After 9 hours of ball, she was down in the warning zone of 15% battery or less; while I was at 32% - still plenty of juice to go the distance!

Now the reduced power mode does cut CPU performance - if you're into gaming, you're going to loose some FPS - but it didn't impact browsing, social networks, photography and image editing or network data speeds.  So I think it's a great compromise to squeak out an extra few hours of use before you can get back to your quick charger!

-- Will

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of

the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint

devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares

their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not

necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an

official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an

official capacity. #sprintemployee.