cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Samsung Galaxy S6 Camera is the best I have ever used

Journeyman

I love technology.  The progress we have seen in the last few decades have made the impossible a

normality that most take for granted.  I chose to go into the field because it was dynamic, helped people,

and fascinated me immensely.  There can sometimes be drawbacks to such a perpetually changing

field, and the major one for me has to be falling behind on certain aspects of it.  I can quote you

technical jargon about networking, hardware, and other facets of technology, but if you were to ask me

something beyond "how many megapixels does you camera have", like "What is the difference between

DSLR and MILC", or to even tell you what those things were, I'd need to phone a friend.  Now that I

have "disclaimered" my knowledge of photography, I can tell you my opinion on the camera, while you

keep in mind that I'm no Peter Parker or Jimmy Olsen.

kira1Blog.jpg

OMG, THE CAMERA IS AMAZING!!!!!!!  Seriously, best camera I have ever used, period.  Note that the

last digital camera I bought was an 8 megapixel something or other like 10 years ago, which wasn't bad,

but this is better.  The picture quality is unparalleled, and the way the software knows what to focus on

98% of the time is phenomenal, while still offering the ability to manually focus.  The majority of the pictures

I take are of my dog, or something funny (sometimes those two aren't mutually exclusive), and they come out

clearer than ever. 

I transitioned to using just my phone's camera for all of my photographic needs back when I had the

Samsung Galaxy Nexus.  Convenience/practicality trumped quality ("quality" being relative term, of course),

since the photos were "good 'nuff".  With every smartphone afterward, the cameras just kept getting better,

so the need for me to consider good secondary dedicated options just faded away.  Now, with the S6, that need

is basically gone for good.

kira2Blog.jpg

I was using a Nexus 6 before I switched to the S6 as my primary.  The camera on the Nexus is no slouch,

but the S6 beats it.  I think the biggest difference is the amount of light being captured in every shot.  My

dog is very black.  She has some lighter spots, but the majority of her body is like a black hole.  That was a

bit of an issue when trying to get her facial expressions, even with the Nexus, but as you can see, you can

see!  I mean, really see.  There is no question that she's pondering how hard life is for a puppy in that one

shot, or how much she really wants to come up onto the couch in that other one.

So, instead of boring you with megapixel talk and long terms like optical image stabilization, I'll it give to you

on the realz.  The pictures are great.  You can see detail that you wouldn't be able to on any other phone.

Colors are accurate, and shaky hands are less of an issue with the technology implemented to offset the

difference (yes, optical image stabilization).  Bottom line is this: if you need a good camera on you at all

times, and are choosing your next smartphone based primarily on photographic performance, the S6 is

the phone for you.  It doesn't hurt that the processor, screen, and the rest of the phone specs are top of

the line, either.  Here is a neutral review of phone camera performance so you know I'm not full of dog food.

That's the saying, right?  Full of dog food?  I forget.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love

technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each

Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not

necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should

not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee