cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Samsung Galaxy S6 Initial Review

Sprint Product Ambassador

I am excited to share with you my experiences thus far with my new Samsung Galaxy S6.  I want to point out some improvements I feel that Samsung has made with the device first.  Just to be clear, I am using the Galaxy S6 flat, not the Edge. 

First, and foremost, I would like to say that the new design is beautiful.  It is very similar to the new iPhones, but has its own “flavor” of unique qualities.  The device comes with a shiny metal trim, with a Glass front and a glass covered back. The rear has the camera sensor and the medical sensor.  The speaker is located at the bottom right corner along with the microphone, and the headset jack is at the bottom left.  The screen is a 5.1 inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display – yes the display is Fantastic!

Back.jpgfront.jpg

The device comes packed with a 64-bit Quad 2.1 GHz processor and a Quad 1.5GHz processor (making it an Octo-core processor).  I have noticed that my device does not get quite as warm as some of my other high-end devices I have had when utilizing a plethora of apps at the same time. 

The camera is amazing. It has a 16 megapixel rear camera and a 5 megapixel front facing camera.  With HDR turned on, it takes really high quality pics in a quick amount of time.  The camera has multiple modes, one of which is Pro mode – my favorite to toy with. You can control ISO, WB, focus, and you can save the settings you configure as a customized setting. 

The Heart-beat sensor is a nice addition to the device.  Using the S-Health app, you can get your heart-rate, oxygen saturation level along with the functions of the pedometer, it can keep track of the number of steps. A great tool for those who wish to improve their workout routine.

Finally, it has a 2550 mAh battery that offers up to 23 hours talk time.  I have noticed excellent battery life with my device. Multiple hours of streaming with about half of my battery consumed.  The great thing about this device is that it supports quick charge 2.0, and it comes with a 2mA battery charger.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

2 Comments