cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Samsung Galaxy S6 Sending out an SOS

Sprint Product Ambassador

One of the first features I noticed with the Galaxy S6 was the SOS feature.  Considering we all find safety and comfort in having our mobile phones, the SOS feature is just another way to enhance that feeling of safety.  Samsung has built a feature into the phone called SOS messages.  When used, it will alert the individual you designated as your SOS contact via MMS and SMS your GPS location (displayed in a URL to direct you to Google Maps), a short audio recording that starts when the SOS is intitiated, a photo taken from the front camera, and a photo taken from the rear camera.  Here is how it works:

• The phone has to be on, but doesn't have to be unlocked.
  • Make sure the feature is turned on by going to Settings > Privacy and Safety > Send SOS Messages and choosing ON

Screenshot_2015-06-04-13-49-17.png

• Press the power button three times in quick succession

Screenshot_2015-06-04-13-36-53.png

I do not like that the screen lights up and it says on the screen that it is sending SOS messages.  I think in a situation involving an aggressor, it could potentially alert them to the message.

I do like that the feature exists, and I feel it is important to let the people you know who have this device that the feature exists.

Screenshot_2015-06-04-13-39-29.pngScreenshot_2015-06-04-13-39-54.png

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee