cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Samsung Galaxy S6 has a small speaker with big sound

Journeyman

boost-Galaxy-s6-speaker-volume-1024x576.jpg

(source)

The Samsung Galaxy S6 is arguably the best phone that Samsung has ever come out with, and has

taken the biggest leap forward in design with premium materials, and ergonomic adjustments that make

the device more comfortable for the user to use.  Despite all the niceties, there was one thing I was
hoping the S6 would come with, and that was front facing speakers.  I have been spoiled by the M8 and

Nexus 6, so it was a legitimate concern for me when I saw the speaker was on the bottom.  To my surprise,

however, the speaker is actually pretty good!

I expected a very soft, tinny sound to come out of the bottom, but was pleased to find a remarkably loud

speaker with a level of depth I have never heard from audio hardware of this size.  If we are comparing it

directly to the Nexus 6 or M8, I'd still say that those have a leg up in the speaker department because they

are front facing and have bigger speakers overall, but Samsung has done an amazing job considering they

are at the bottom of the device, and considerably smaller than the aforementioned ones.  In fact, I really don't

think a better job could have been done unless they actually put them facing the user.

Stereo-speakers.jpg

(source)

When I say it's loud, it's "girlfriend screaming at you for forgetting your anniversary" loud.  The other thing I

was worried about was something I kept doing on my Nexus 5; covering the speaker itself.  I'd always find

myself covering it on the Nexus 5 with some part of hand, especially when holding it in landscape mode since

the speaker was at the bottom of the device, but I don't have this issue with the S6.  Samsung has positioned
in such a way that I never cover it.  Maybe it's a mixture of the positioning or how much real estate the speaker

actually uses, but whatever they did, it worked, and it's frankly hard to believe because I seriously expected,

between a tinny sound and a speaker that would be inadvertently covered the majority of the time, I would want

to test the phone's water resistance (it's not water proof!) in the nearest toilet bowl, but thankfully, Samsung

surprised me again.

The S6 is the first Samsung phone that I have actually liked, and it keeps impressing me with little things like this.

If you were worried about the speaker like I was, go check out the phone at a Sprint store to see how good it is,

and I know you won't be disappointed.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love

technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each

Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not

necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should

not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee