cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Best Case For The Galaxy S6!

Journeyman

spigen1.jpg

Spigen has quickly made a name for themselves by making some of the best cases and screen protectors for mobile devices.  The Neo Hybrid line has included some of my favorite cases in recent memory and the Galaxy S6 version isn't any different.  Samsung went back to the drawing board and designed arguably one of the best pieces of hardware on the market right now.  The S6 boasts metal around the edges and glass on both the front and back.  Not only does this make it a gorgeous device, it also gives it a very delicate feel.  This is where the Neo Hybrid case comes in. 

If you're like me you absolutely detest super bulky cases.  For this reason I often don't mind sacrificing a little bit of protection for a sleeker,  slimmer fitting case.  The Neo Hybrid is exactly that.  It's amazing how little bulk this case adds to the S6.  I often forget that it's even there.  The S6 is an extremely thin device but the S6 + the case still feels very comparable to many devices on the market. 

The case has a two part design.  The outer layer consists of a polycarbonate bumper frame while the inner layer is a TPU encasement and the buttons are metalized and extremely clicky.  Installation was tricky.  I found that it was much easier to install the case one layer at a time, starting with the TPU layer then following up with the bumper.  The bumper appears to be an impossible fit installing from the front so you'll need to be careful not to force it.  I installed the bumper from behind, starting by fitting it in the grooves at the bottom of the bottom layer then carefully sliding it over the top and sides.  Once it's on there, it's on there.

The case appears to do a good enough job of protecting the back and edges and the edges around the screen are raised by 1.2 mm to offer some drop protection for the screen however I plan on getting a tempered glass screen protector just in case.  Don't worry, Spigen makes those too.

I'm very pleased with this case.  It gives you the protection that you would normally not expect from one that is this thin.  On the other hand it maintains the attractiveness of the Galaxy S6.  This is the kind of case that other people will easily mistake for being a part of the actual phone.  Two thumbs up from me.

The Neo Hybrid can be purchased from Spigen's website and Amazon.

See you soon,

Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. #sprintemployee