cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 Blog

0 Comments

Starting today all Sprint customers with a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge can update to the latest firmware, G920PVPU2BOFE.

The update is available to 100% of Sprint S6 edge devices today. The update brings about a handful of bug fixes and updates for future network improvements.

You can read more about how to check your device firmware version and available updates from our Support pages.

Thanks for being Sprint customers!

0 Comments

Starting today all Sprint customers with a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge can update to the latest firmware, G925PVPU2BOFE.

The update is available to 100% of Sprint S6 edge devices today. The update brings about a handful of bug fixes and updates for future network improvements.

You can read more about how to check your device firmware version and available updates from our Support pages.

Thanks for being Sprint customers!

10 Comments

Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge:

Software update to ~0F7 is available for the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge beginning, 6/30/15 - available for ALL devices.

Check the software version on your Galaxy S6 here.

Check the software version on your Galaxy S6 edge here.

Fixes/Enhancements:

• Lollipop 5.1 upgrade including Factory Reset Protection

• Security Enhancements

• Device Stability Improvements

0 Comments

Samsung-Galaxy-S6-S6-edge-colors-poll-021.jpgThe Samsung S6 is amazing! At this time I can see no downside to the device, its light weight and sleek design set it apart from other devices. The Text Notification Popup has been my favorite feature so far, it allows me to read and respond to text messages without having to stop whatever I happened to be doing at the time. This is great when I am watching the latest episode of Game of Thrones, do I really want to stop the clip of Khalesi riding dragon so that I can respond to my wife telling me to buy some milk?

The difference maker with this phone is the speed, it is lightning fast. The only downside to the phone is that it ruins your experience with all other phones. The phone takes the cake in all categories; speed design and functionality. Samsung has really upped its game with the S6, it is the best phone that I have ever used.

Thanks for reading!

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

SprintS6andS6Edge.JPG

I have never been a big Samsung Phone fan, or, as I call them, Samsung Phans.  Specs were always

good, but I was never a fond of touchwiz, the infamous plastic material use, or the button reversal in

relation to practically every other android device.  Seriously, that just bothered me.  I saw it as being

different for the sake of being different.  Then, the prices started going up for their flagships, and they

started pulling some Apple-esque maneuvers that just weren't to my liking.  Apple has some or the

best marketing on the planet, and have some nice looking devices, but the ecosystem is too closed

for my taste.  It is certainly great for users that aren't as adept to technology, an Samsung has tried

to emulate that with the experience they offer to their customers, while allowing the innate flexibility

that android has to offer.

My first Samsung phone was, ironically, the least Samsung-ee phone they ever had; the Galaxy Nexus.

I loved that phone.  The Screen was better than any I had ever used, and the phone was great for its

time.  Beyond that, every single Galaxy Device I played around with was less than spectacular to me.

They seemed to just care about raw power, and not about user experience on the hardware or software

level.  S3, not awful, but not great.  S4, more of the same.  S5, why is Sammy still not fixing touchwiz

and making a phone that doesn't feel like a cheap child's toy?!  S6, THEY LISTENED!

http://www.sprint.com/landings/unlimited-plus-samsung-galaxy/images/S6_lockup.jpg

(source)

Touchwiz, streamlined and lighter?  Check.  Nicer materials?  Check.  Nicest redesign in recent

Smartphone history?  No question.

The first thing I noticed was how smooth everything was.  Almost Vanilla Android smooth.  They kept

a lot of the practical features of touchwiz, got rid of a lot of fluff, and what was left was a smooth UI

that any could easily customize and navigate.  I had my reservations about the Briefing feature, but

I actually grew to love it.  I love Google now, but to me it's nothing more than a supplement to something

like Briefing.  News that I miss from other sources like TheVerge, Engadget, and NPR, will show up

here in a nice, customizable stream.  Despite the fixes to the UI and the nice processor/RAM upgrades,

I was still convinced I would be going back to my Nexus 6 after I was done reviewing the S6, but I

didn't anticipate how incredible the Camera would be.  That was the nail in the coffin.  That was the

one thing that I never knew I needed an upgrade for.

I had the Moto X, and despite people complaining about the Camera, I never really had a problem with it.

Same with the Nexus 5.  I got the G3 and thought "wow, this is the fastest shooter/focuser I have ever

used on a smartphone".  Then I upgraded to the Nexus 6, and got the best quality photos I have ever

had...until this.  Like I said in a previous blog, the Nexus 6 has a great camera, but I never thought that

I could get the type of quality photos I am getting from the S6 on any smartphone.  Now I understand

why people would ignore the issues with touchwiz or even the less than desirable plastic for so many

years.  The camera!  They have always been an industry leader with mobile cameras and screen quality,

and the two on this device really make you forget about wanting any other phone.  The photos would look

good on a non-HD screen, but AMOLED screens help those colors really pop.

http://uneedtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/boost-Galaxy-s6-speaker-volume-1024x576.jpg

(source)

With performance, materials, screen and camera being better than most, it's no wonder the phone is selling

like hot cakes.  Really, the camera and screen alone would be enough to get anyone hooked.  I think this is

the best phone of 2015 thus far, probably the best phone for people transitioning from an iPhone (or another

android phone, for that matter).  The task button and back button actually grew on me being reversed.  It

actually makes sense for right handed people, since most of my on handed scrolling is done with my right

thumb.

Anyway, this has basically been a long rant, but isn't that what most blogs are?  Ok, for the tl;dr portion:

Great phone.  So good, even someone that has a history of disliking Samsung phones will like it.  Screen

is awesome, performance is better than ever, and the camera is just phenomenal.  Beyond the obvious

stuff, there is a ton of free stuff (free onedrive space, free apps, etc) to seal the deal.  If you're still on the

fence, go to a Sprint store and compare the devices in person.  You really can't go wrong with any flagship

right now, but one certainly stands out amongst the noise.

Here are some reviews you may want to read before choosing:

Samsung Galaxy S6 vs iPhone 6: Which is the best smartphone to buy?

Galaxy S6 vs Nexus 6 comparison: Samsung and Google go head-to-head - AndroidPIT

Samsung Galaxy S6 vs. HTC One M9: Android Central editor roundtable | Android Central

LG G4 vs Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love

technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each

Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not

necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should

not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.

0 Comments

Every year, Samsung spins things up with their TouchWiz UI making it different in some way. Mostly for the better and sometimes not so much. But this time, definitely for the better.

A great change or addition if you may want to call it, is the quick settings area in settings. This section sits on the top of the settings area and allows up to 9 icons or buttons of your choice. Consider them your favorites in Contacts type situation:

http://icdn7.digitaltrends.com/image/samsung-galaxy-s6_0187-3-1500x1000.jpg

The image above shows the default configuration the device ships in. However hitting the EDIT word under SEARCH will allow you to manage up to 9 buttons

http://cdn.gottabemobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Galaxy-S6-Tips-Quick-Settings-720x426.jpg

This makes going to settings for quick changes a zap --especially wifi calling...

Until Next Time

-- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

One things smartphones have done in our lives is that they have become the swiss army knife or stuff for daily use. Back in a day, carrying a camera was a chore and had to be planned. Calculators were huge, and watching videos was only reserved for the living room or the den. However smartphones today can do all of that and so much more. One thing they also gave us is an instant flashlight:

http://www.androidcentral.com/sites/androidcentral.com/files/styles/xlarge/public/postimages/634222/samsunggalaxys4-flashlight.jpg

So the Galaxy S6 is not providing anything new or exiting here. The camera flash dubs as a flashlight when needed. In the previous models, this was accessible via a home screen widget but suddenly its there no more! One thing Samsung is NOT good at is consistency. But at least they did not remove that functionality. They just made it easier. Lo and Behold!

http://www.androidheadlines.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Samsung-S6-Flashlight.jpg

The flashlight icon is now in the Android notification section where other quick access buttons are also there such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Powersaving mode and such. Just scroll to the right and its hiding there. You can also reconfigure the whole top menu by hitting tapping edit and moving things around as you please.

Easy right?

Until Next Time

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

Have you heard? Samsung has released an amazing Ironman Edition Galaxy S6 Edge.  If you are into the Avengers this is a must have device. Unfortunately, it is not available in the US and is up for a crazy asking price on EBAY for over $5,000.

No worries however for the Iron Man and other Avengers fans as the Galaxy S6 Edge comes ready to customize with some really cool looking themes that are superhero ready for a super Galaxy device fan just like you. The best part is that there are a wide variety of themes to choose and they are all free. All it takes is a few simple steps and soon you will be able to save the world with your device.

Well I am being a little over dramatic I guess. You may not be able to save the world but you will have a very cool looking theme on your device. Not into the Advengers? No worries, as there are many other themes available with more being added.

There are a couple of ways to change you theme.

Go to settings/personal/themes and then browse the store for all the options

Another way is to press and hold one the home screen or other screen and then select Themes from the menu that will appear below. The GS6 and GS6 Edge come pre-loaded with a default theme and a couple of suggested option for download. To get to the Ironman and other themes you will need to go to the Samsung App store and explore the options.

Here are a few shots of the Ironman these. Pretty awesome huh?

IronmanTheme.jpg

I made a quick little video using a screen capture app that will show you exactly how it is done and some of the themes that are currently available.

Here is the link to view the video Changing themes on the Galaxy S6 Edge - YouTube

It is important to be aware that you will be required to have an active Samsung app store account for this to work and you will be prompted to sign in if you have not done so previously.

There you go! Customize your device with an exciting theme. You will be glad you did.

0 Comments

After spending some time with my Galaxy S6, I came to the conclusion that this is a great product.  The phone met my needs for a high-performance smartphone, while keeping me entertained, and making life a little bit easier when it comes to work or multi-tasking.

Here are some of my conclusions:

• The screen on the phone is outstanding.  The display is crisp and sharp, and images on the S6 seem more vibrant than other smartphone screens I have used.
  • The body design is stylistic.  I do like the glass finish on back and front, but I am still worried I will drop it and it will crack, so I still use my Spigen case.
  • I don't like the fact that I cannot use a microSD card in the device.  I was a little disappointed about this.
  • I like the multi-window for multitasking.  Being able to easily view two windows on one screen makes multitasking very efficient with the Galaxy S6.
  • I would have preferred to have a removable battery; however, I grew accustomed to using my phone heavily throughout the day and at the same time getting a full day's charge out of the battery.  Battery life is great.
  • The call quality is unmatched, especially if the other person has HD voice calling capabilities.
  • I didn't notice any problems with service or dropped calls with the Galaxy S6 that I didn't notice in the same places with previous phones.
  • The camera was average in my opinion.  Yes, it takes great quality photos, but not always immediately, or without blur if you don't hold it still enough.
  • I enjoyed using the fingerprint reader to unlock my phone.
  • Wireless Charging Built-In -- this is a great feature!

Overall, I would recommend this phone to anyone in the market for a new phone as its performance is fast, it has style, and it has plenty of memory for apps and pictures.

0 Comments

I have always been a big fan of getting my content on my phone to the big screen.  I’ve used Chromecast, a Belkin Miracast adapter, and just recently, I bought a Samsung Smart TV.  I was excited to have the built-in Miracast capability, and when trying it out from my Samsung Galaxy S6, I learned that the Quick Connect feature does so much more than just sharing content.

Screenshot_2015-06-05-10-44-10.png

Samsung’s QuickConnect combines may several features related to Wifi-Direct, Bluetooth, and Miracast.  And for Samsung TV’s, it even has the remote control feature preprogrammed into it.  I wanted to share my experience with you.

First you need to connect the phone to the TV using QuickConnect.  Simply drag down the notification bar, tap on QuickConnect, and you will see any devices capable of utilizing the feature (i.e. Xbox, DLNA devices, other phones / tablets, and Miracast devices.)  For me, I chose the TV option listed.

Screenshot_2015-06-05-10-44-46.png

Upon choosing the device, a subset of options are listed below the device which allow you to perform your intended task.  For the TV, it gives Mobile device to TV (sharing your phone’s screen with the TV), TV to Mobile device (allows you to display the content on the TV on your phone), and Register / Unregister device (which allows your device to send notifications to your TV as well as provides you with the quick remote).  Your TV will prompt you to accept / save the device.

The features work great. There is a tiny lag between the phone and the TV, but it is very minimal.  I enjoy being able to share pictures, videos, movies, or just mirroring my phone’s screen to my TV.  Also, I can always pop the TV’s screen on my phone if I’m in another room (not too far away, of course).

IMAG1997.jpg

0 Comments

This will be the last official blog I put out on the Samsung Galaxy s6, but I expect that I’ll have many updates or thoughts about it (“follow” if you want to keep up).

This the 3rd Product Ambassador team I’ve had the honor of being a part of – and the 2nd phone (the last one was the HTC One E8).  I kept that device until I got this S6, and although I am still a huge fan of that phone (the Dot View case is quite the conversation piece), I’m going to keep using the S6.

Why? Well here are my top 3 reasons:

• The Camera. This is the best camera I have had on a phone ever. I have been able to get clear shots in odd light, and have been able to capture the kids (why I want a camera) in such great mid shots. The burst feature is a life saver. The picture clarity and resolution has been a fun way to show off the phone at the park with other parents, and I can’t wait to try out the more advanced features of the camera (like the Pro mode).   
  • S Health. I don’t like going to the gym, and I don’t like to have online health apps that make me compete with other people. S Health is a good system for me – as it rewards me for doing the things I do anyway – like walking and drinking water! It’s non pressure, and the really customizable functions are great for me.
  • The look: It is just a cool looking phone. Sleek and thin, and with the Spigen case, it is a classy looking device. It is bigger (taller) than I usually like (as I often put my phone in my pocket). But the thinness makes up for it. It’s been a fun phone to test and show off, and out of all of the Samsung devices I have had, I have liked it the best.

Looking forward to seeing what else it can do!

Disclaimer:
The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

One of the first features I noticed with the Galaxy S6 was the SOS feature.  Considering we all find safety and comfort in having our mobile phones, the SOS feature is just another way to enhance that feeling of safety.  Samsung has built a feature into the phone called SOS messages.  When used, it will alert the individual you designated as your SOS contact via MMS and SMS your GPS location (displayed in a URL to direct you to Google Maps), a short audio recording that starts when the SOS is intitiated, a photo taken from the front camera, and a photo taken from the rear camera.  Here is how it works:

• The phone has to be on, but doesn't have to be unlocked.
  • Make sure the feature is turned on by going to Settings > Privacy and Safety > Send SOS Messages and choosing ON

Screenshot_2015-06-04-13-49-17.png

• Press the power button three times in quick succession

Screenshot_2015-06-04-13-36-53.png

I do not like that the screen lights up and it says on the screen that it is sending SOS messages.  I think in a situation involving an aggressor, it could potentially alert them to the message.

I do like that the feature exists, and I feel it is important to let the people you know who have this device that the feature exists.

Screenshot_2015-06-04-13-39-29.pngScreenshot_2015-06-04-13-39-54.png

0 Comments

I love technology.  The progress we have seen in the last few decades have made the impossible a

normality that most take for granted.  I chose to go into the field because it was dynamic, helped people,

and fascinated me immensely.  There can sometimes be drawbacks to such a perpetually changing

field, and the major one for me has to be falling behind on certain aspects of it.  I can quote you

technical jargon about networking, hardware, and other facets of technology, but if you were to ask me

something beyond "how many megapixels does you camera have", like "What is the difference between

DSLR and MILC", or to even tell you what those things were, I'd need to phone a friend.  Now that I

have "disclaimered" my knowledge of photography, I can tell you my opinion on the camera, while you

keep in mind that I'm no Peter Parker or Jimmy Olsen.

kira1Blog.jpg

OMG, THE CAMERA IS AMAZING!!!!!!!  Seriously, best camera I have ever used, period.  Note that the

last digital camera I bought was an 8 megapixel something or other like 10 years ago, which wasn't bad,

but this is better.  The picture quality is unparalleled, and the way the software knows what to focus on

98% of the time is phenomenal, while still offering the ability to manually focus.  The majority of the pictures

I take are of my dog, or something funny (sometimes those two aren't mutually exclusive), and they come out

clearer than ever. 

I transitioned to using just my phone's camera for all of my photographic needs back when I had the

Samsung Galaxy Nexus.  Convenience/practicality trumped quality ("quality" being relative term, of course),

since the photos were "good 'nuff".  With every smartphone afterward, the cameras just kept getting better,

so the need for me to consider good secondary dedicated options just faded away.  Now, with the S6, that need

is basically gone for good.

kira2Blog.jpg

I was using a Nexus 6 before I switched to the S6 as my primary.  The camera on the Nexus is no slouch,

but the S6 beats it.  I think the biggest difference is the amount of light being captured in every shot.  My

dog is very black.  She has some lighter spots, but the majority of her body is like a black hole.  That was a

bit of an issue when trying to get her facial expressions, even with the Nexus, but as you can see, you can

see!  I mean, really see.  There is no question that she's pondering how hard life is for a puppy in that one

shot, or how much she really wants to come up onto the couch in that other one.

So, instead of boring you with megapixel talk and long terms like optical image stabilization, I'll it give to you

on the realz.  The pictures are great.  You can see detail that you wouldn't be able to on any other phone.

Colors are accurate, and shaky hands are less of an issue with the technology implemented to offset the

difference (yes, optical image stabilization).  Bottom line is this: if you need a good camera on you at all

times, and are choosing your next smartphone based primarily on photographic performance, the S6 is

the phone for you.  It doesn't hurt that the processor, screen, and the rest of the phone specs are top of

the line, either.  Here is a neutral review of phone camera performance so you know I'm not full of dog food.

That's the saying, right?  Full of dog food?  I forget.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love

technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each

Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not

necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should

not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

OK-Google-1.jpg

It's baa-aack!

Google has finally fixed the missing hotword detection feature from any screen that was removed from the S6 and S6 edge several weeks ago.  For those of us that use Google Now on a regular basis, this was crippling to the functionality because you were required to be on the screen with the Search bar and the voice prompt would not work on any other screen.  In the search app under settings>voice, several menu options were completely missing and I'm happy to say, they're back and better than ever, now with the ability to give yourself a trusted voice option which allows your recorded OK Google voice command to unlock your device.  Very cool and yet another way that biometric authentication continues to grow.

Screenshot_2015-06-01-20-19-21.png

There's a little bit more information in this Greenbot article, but essentially, as I said, the capability has automagically re-appeared and should once again be available on your S6 and S6 edge.  If you are not using voice search and want to learn about it, check out this help article:

"Ok Google" voice search & actions - Search Help

Happy "verching"!

Until next time,

The Product Ambassador Team

0 Comments

s6_sa_title_white_1024x1024.jpg?v=1429833433

(source)

I am a big belieber.

Let's try that again...

I am a big believer in protecting my phones.  There will be times when I get a new device and will

force myself to completely ignore its existence until I have a screen protector and case in hand.  There are

rare occasions when I will use a new device as long as I at least have a screen protector, but I wait patiently

the majority of the time, and the Galaxy S6 was one I especially wanted to do that for since most of the

device is made of glass.  Yes, it's Gorilla glass, but it is Glass nonetheless, so something as insignificant as

a grain of sand could scratch it.  I was able to get my hands on the Spigen Slim Armor case in white, and

I am pretty impressed!

The phone is extremely thin, so it was important for me to have a case that did not add a lot of bulk to the

phone.  The Spigen Slim armor case does just that, and has a kickstand to boot!  The case is flush on the

sides (with obvious cut outs for the IR blaster, speaker, etc), and button pressing is easy and "clicky".  I

like cases that maintain "ease of button pressing", especially since I change the volume a lot between songs

on my playlist, or if I am listening to music and receive a phone call during muh jayum.  Not only does

having the case covering the buttons make the case look seemless, but it also adds an extra layer of

protection to your device, and this case loves layers.

screen_shot_2015-04-03_at_4.17.48_pm.png

(source)

The case comes with a hard plastic shell as a first line of defense, then there is a the TPU layer , which

is reinforced by another "layer" of air cushion technology, which helps absorb shock.  I am an extremely

clumsy person, and even when I am not directly being the clums-er, I will indirectly do something that

makes the phone wind up on the ground, including going on a simple jog with my dog.  I don't do back

flips or cartwheels...I just jog...and, somehow, the phone thinks it belongs on the ground, and finds a

way to get there.  Maybe I just need new shorts.

s6_sa_cs_0001_edit_merged_1024x1024.jpg?v=1431449820

(source)

Anyway, this case comes in several colors, and even comes in a "wallet" type configuration, so you can

put your license, credit cards, et. al. when you don't want to carry a wallet and a phone.  Would that be

considered a phollet or a wone?  Phollet sounds cooler.  The best part is that they won't break the bank.

You can find some averaging in the mid teens, going up to around $20 for the phollet one.  There are

other Spigen cases available for sale, so if you don't mind a little more bulk, you can check out their

other offerings on http://www.spigen.com/.  They are offering a nice promo for 25% off when you

register on their site, although if you have an amazon gift card you're dying to use, you can also

find a lot of their products on there as well.

0 Comments

Samsung Galaxy S6 -Come out, Come out, Where ever you are

Samsung has given users the ability to find anything on their phone in one spot. With S Finder you no longer have to go looking within each application for specific information. S Finder will do it for you. For example if you wanted to find everything regarding "John Doe" you would have to open each application and review it. The phone app would give you the contact details, but not text or emails in which the user was apart of. S Finder brings these details together. Creating a centralized search function for multiple applications.

To access S Finder simply swipe down the notification panel and tap the S Finder search feature in the lower left side.

Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-00-00.png

While Accessing the S Finder feature you will be presenting multiple options for a search criteria. you can begin searching immediately by typing in the open field what content you are looking for . For example I searched for anything pertaining to Samsung. I was given results with Samsung included in applications, emails, settings, calendar, help, music and files sections. But lets say you want to be more granular in your searching you can add filters to get more detailed.

Samsung provides 4 filter options to choose to further assist in locating the information you are needing. You can choose between category, time, location and tag. category allows you to isolate information based on either conversations, help, images, music, video, and notes. Time option gives the ability to select a time frame based on a day , week, month or even year to search within. Location allows you to select a geographic location (I.E city, state, address) that which would be tied to what you are searching for. Tag would be based on any documents and information that has been tagged with the search name used in the search field.

Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-00-14.png Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-00-19.png Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-00-23.png Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-00-39.png Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-00-43.png

Here is an example of searching for Samsung and what details it brings up.

Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-02-52.png Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-02-59.png Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-03-04.png Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-03-09.pngScreenshot_2015-05-23-07-03-09.png

So when you r in need of finding something on your Samsung give the S Finder a try I'm sure it will find what you need.

Disclaimer:
The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

Not too long ago, I donned my, at the time, favorite phone, the Nexus 5, sans case. It was great... until one day while getting up from my couch, I forgot I had the phone on my lap and the phone fell, face down, flat against the floor. Needless to say that my heart stopped. In fact, time seemed to stop. I picked up the phone knowing that it may have met its demise. Sadly, it did. The screen was shattered.

When I received my new Samsung Galaxy S6, recently, my first thought went to my old Nexus 5. That old phone was plastic and it shattered the screen. The new S6 was gorgous, but it was glass and metal all around. I was afraid I would drop it and destroy it like I did with the Nexus 5. The solution? The gunmetal, Galaxy S6 Spigen Tough Armor case.

S6_TA_title_gunmetal_e88f2b7f-2cc6-4455-b280-33e5c5188fbf_1024x1024.jpg?v=1431969877

Image Source: Galaxy S6 Case Tough Armor – spigen.com

So far, I've dropped it a handful of times and the case has done a great job of protecting the phone. The front face is well protected by a soft rubber lip around the phone that absorbs impacts that would normally hit the screen.

Protection aside, though, the case is thin enough that I don't find myself wanting to take it off at times. This is GOOD as I've been known to remove cases when they feel too bulky. (technically this is what happened with my Nexus 5...) The gunmetal color also looks great. In fact, I've gotten quite a few people ask me about the phone purely because of the case.

Lastly, the stand is something that I've become accustomed to in the few Spigen cases I've owned over time and I have to say that I LOVE having it. It's especially useful when trying to entertain a toddler while not at home. Allowing a toddler to hold a phone isn't always the safest option.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

I had the HTC One E8 last year, and one of the features I really liked on it was the Kids Model. I don’t like the kids to have access to work related emails and such! I also want them to just be able to call me or their Dad – not everyone in my contacts.

The Samsung Galaxy s6 (as other Samsung phones) has this feature called the Easy Mode – and it is just as Easy as it sounds. Just go into the main settings menu and scroll down to the "Personal" section. Then tap "Easy Mode." From there, you can choose the applications that you want to have in Easy Mode.

Screenshot_2015-05-29-09-20-14.png

Then your device will be in Easy Mode. You’ll have 3 Tabs. The home tab with your chosen applications, then to the left side, you can choose contacts you want easy access to, and to the right side you can choose more applications.

And then to go back to “Standard”, or Normal mode if you will, just go back to Settings, Easy Mode, then Standard Mode.

The downside of course is that there are no special locks on it so only I can chose the applications and the contacts, but for the 6 year old she couldn’t figure out how to do it. It was too “easy” though for the 9 year old to be able to further customize for himself.

I do like the feature however. And I can actually see using it for myself for when I am in “Vacation” mode and just want to simplify my life too.

Until next time!

0 Comments

I have been a Spigen fan for over a year. Their products are just amazing. So lets talk about what makes their products amazing.

They put a lot of thought into all aspects of the case and make sure that the customer has enough options to meet their needs. They have everything for someone who love to showcase their device and not hide any of the curves (Neo Hybrid CC series) to someone who believes their fingers are butter and need a hulk buster style case (the Tough Armor series). Not only they offer a variety of types of cases, they offer colors in them too so rest assured you will find something you like.

Now on the the New Hybrid Case

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0808/0067/products/GS6_NH_title_gold_1024x1024.jpg?v=1429833228

This case, in my mind has best of most worlds, so to speak. It gives the S6 a rough rubbery back so it isn't slippery. It retains most of the design cues from Samsung like adding the a band around the edge which is very similar to the original metal band around the device. Did I mention it is SLIM!

One of my pet peeves about cases has always been that it makes the device huge, but NOT this ONE. Spigen took special care in making sure that it only adds very little, 0.12" to be exact on the device's existing thickness. I call that a big deal!

Apart from being fancy and pretty (it comes in 4 colors), it is very sturdy and protective. The case has reinforced bumper protection for those falling corners and shock-absorbing TPU case. It also has a raised lip of 1.2 mm that gives your screen extra protection in case you put it down upside down on a scratchy surface.

All in all, a very robust and protective case that allows you to be a little carefree with your beloved device. I am a believer in their products and will continue to buy them in the future. You may consider signing up to their emails for special offers, etc.

Until next time

0 Comments

Fingerprint security or "bio metric" scans have been around for years to secure precious things, such as military secrets, vaults and safes, log in credentials on corporate computers, etc. But having them on a phone was unheard of until only a couple of years ago.

Last year, in response to a certain device, Samsung added the traditional method of fingerprint security (slide your finger) on the Galaxy S5 and the Note series in 2014. Although very secure, it just didn't work as well as the "other" guy, especially in a one hand situation. Almost always I had to use 2 hands, one to hold the phone, the other to swipe the finger in order to make it work. It got so bothersome, I stopped using it.

Until NOW!

http://www.talkmob.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/How-to-Use-the-Fingerprint-Sensor-on-Samsung-Galaxy-S6.jpg

The NEW Galaxy S6/Edge series phones have a better more effective and speedy fingerprint scanner, that only requires a touch of your skin on the home button. That is it. It takes several impressions of your fingerprint with varying angles so it is really hard to miss or make a mistake, but still be secure. Here is a nice tutorial on how to set it up (Thanks to the unknown write at urisov.com) https://www.urisov.com/samsung/galaxy-s6/galaxy-s6-edge-tutorial-to-set-up-multiple-fingerprints/

Long story short, it is very convinient than any other method such as PIN, Pattern or the ungodly PASSWORD. However, you still have the option to enter your password in case you have some grease or tar or something on your fingerprint. But I would suggest setting up more than 1 just in case you have an accident

Until next time

0 Comments

uag1.jpg

If you are looking for extra protection that is slim and stylish, look no further than the Urban Armor Gear with Military grade drop test protection. This case is great, I will be looking for more UAG cases for all of the phones I use. I purchased the UAG Maverick, it has a clear back with black accents and it is great. I love the clear case as it shows off the great looking S6. The case feels great, has a great grip and the buttons line up perfect and is very easy to use. The case also comes with an HD screen protector for all round protection on your device. This case makes the phone look great and catches the eyes of anyone that looks at the phone. Here are some features of the case; Source

•           Designed for Samsung Galaxy S6

•           Feather-light composite construction

•           Armor shell and impact resistant soft core

•           HD Screen protector guards against scratches

•           Over sized tactile buttons and non-slip ruggedized grip

•           Easy access to touch-screen and ports

•           Glare-free flash photos and un-compromised audio

•           Scratch resistant skid pads and screen surround

•           Meets military drop-test standards (MIL STD 810G 516.6)

uag.jpg

Thanks for reading!

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

Who doesn’t like themes?  Well Samsung took a good step and allowed you to explore your creative side and add themes to your phone without changing your home screen launcher.   This is great I like having different icons and themes and before I would have to download a launcher and install it and then install an icon pack to have different icons, and with that you lose all of the default features of touchwiz.  So this allows you to change icons and themes which is great because they have a good amount of options and you keep all the features that make the Samsung phone great.  The theme I like the most is the black theme it’s simple and clean.  The way to change themes is go to settings select themes and you can choose one of the 2 of them Samsung pre downloaded for you, or select the store option at the top and scroll through a bunch of themes, pictures below of some of the themes.

Screenshot_2015-05-16-13-03-58.png

Screenshot_2015-05-16-13-00-25.pngScreenshot_2015-05-16-13-00-30.pngScreenshot_2015-05-16-13-01-04.pngScreenshot_2015-05-16-13-01-13.pngScreenshot_2015-05-16-13-01-49.png

Thanks for reading!

0 Comments

Samsung Galaxy S6: Google NOW

If you are an avid Google user then you know of or have heard of Google NOW. Google NOW is Googles own way to provide numerous amounts of information from weather, news, nearby events, etc all in a card like structure. Google allows the user to create an experience based on the information you would like to see. This eliminates unneeded information cluttering your view and provides only the relevant information you want to see.

intro_weather_card.png intro_sports_card.png intro_traffic_card.png intro_events_card.png intro_reminders_card.png

How to access Google Now from the Samsung S6. While in a unlocked state just hold the home button down and the service will automatically activate. Here you can scroll through the setup and then begin seeing the cards relevant to your options.

If you are a user that simply does not want to have this feature active you can easily disable it.

1. From the home screen tap Apps in the bottom right corner
  2. Open the Google folder and select the Google App (Blue icon with a white "g")
  3. Select the menu icon in the top left hand corner
  4. Select "Settings"
  5. Select "Now Cards"
  6. From here you have 2 options
    1. Only shut off notifications by un-checking "show notifications for card updates"
    2. Shut of entire Google Now feature by un-checking "Show Cards" - when selected this option will ask if you want to remove this feature from all your devices as well.

Disclaimer:

0 Comments

Spigen makes some sweet protection for most modern smartphones. We Sprint Product Ambassadors love it when Spigen tosses a few samples our way to evaluate because we all know they fit right, they look sharp and, most importantly, they protect the goods.

I've been using the Spigen Neo Hybrid CC since the first day I fired up my Galaxy S6. I prefer cases that protect with minimum bulk and the Neo Hybrid CC fits the bill perfectly. Not only does it add (not detract) to the design and build of my S6 but it also protects from life's little mishaps.

Check out the "air gap" corner protection built into this slim yet protective case. I've accidentally dropped my S6 more than once and nary a scratch or crack on the device.

20150522_125516-1_resized.jpg

The fit is spot on with perfect cut-outs for speaker, charge / sync port, headphone jack and microphones. Notice the generous cutouts around the charge / sync port and headphone jack to accommodate ALL charge / sync cables and headphone jacks, even aftermarket cables with large, bulky blocks.

20150522_125605-1_resized.jpg

The top of the case is just as precise with perfect cutouts around the IR port and noise reduction mic port.

20150522_125621-1_resized.jpg

The buttons on the side have a "chrome" finish to compliment the anodized look. Plus, the buttons actually make it easier to use the OEM buttons since they are a little larger, yet sit in perfect alignment when the case is installed. The best part is the color - I have to support my hometown KC Royals with the blue accent edge trim.

20150522_125709-1_resized.jpg

As of now, you can't buy Spigen cases in Sprint retail stores (hopefully that will change soon). You have to get them from Spigen or other online retailers. You won't be disappointed! I love Spigen cases so much that I buy my own Spigen cases for other devices when I don't get a free sample. Check out my other blog and read more.

I hope this helps you decide which case is right for you and your Galaxy S6!

Until next time,

Your Sprint Product Ambassadors

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

Android is known above the competition for one thing and that is customization. You can practically replace every app in your phone with your preferred app and it all works the way you want it to work. This is especially apparent when you replace your launcher and add an Icon Pack. Samsung has introduced something that has taken that customization to the next level. Samsung has introduced a full system theming engine. I say full system because these themes do not just change the icons on your desktop. These themes touch every Samsung aspect of the phone. It seems that Samsung built a theming API (Application Programming Interface) with which all Samsung applications interface. So if the theme says the primary foreground color should be black, every app that uses the primary foreground color will use black. Here are examples using the "Waiting for a Train" theme:

Calculator

Screenshot_2015-05-20-22-35-37.png

Drop down quick settings

Screenshot_2015-05-20-22-39-10.png

Dialer

Screenshot_2015-05-20-22-35-43.png

Text messaging app

Screenshot_2015-05-20-22-37-10.png

*Note: The little dots on the screen are my fingers. I enabled the feature to show where I'm touching so that I can track touches when making screen capture videos.

**Note: Yes, it was my birthday.

While there were not many themes when the S6 originally launched, the Theme store has been growing on an almost daily basis as of late so I can't wait to see what kind of themes I will end up with in the long run.

0 Comments

I have 2 kids under 10, and I am a klutz, so I have since learned that having a case for my phone is kind of a given. Especially since as a Product Ambassador, I want to let everyone I meet get a chance to use my phone hands-on. So, I have the Slim Armor Case for it. And it is quite a good case, even when dropped more than one time.

This past weekend, I let the older kid have the phone as a toy distraction when we were at a rather slow restaurant. He took it from me fine, and used it fine – but then returning it – whoops! He thought I had it, and I wasn’t really paying attention – so when he passed it over the table it dropped, and landed in the wet condensation from our water glasses. He immediately started apologizing, but lo and behold even on a glass table, the phone itself was fine. And the water just wiped off. Phew! I then had the phone slip out of my hands and hit the floor. Not a scratch! (only a few foot drop, and on vinyl floor, but still – nice! You can learn more about this case here: http://www.spigen.com/collections/galaxy-s6/products/galaxy-s6-case-slim-armor?variant=1150480585

And then last night I got the opportunity to brag about the camera on my phone when a board I am on wanted to take a group photo. Everyone started to take out their cell phones, and the poor person roped in to take the photos had a few phones to use. The photo that was used was the one taken from my Samsung. We didn’t even have to do any special touch ups or filters. And it was clear in dusk too. And – someone who didn’t have a Samsung phone, was able to take the photo with no instructions.

Until next time!

2 Comments

I am excited to share with you my experiences thus far with my new Samsung Galaxy S6.  I want to point out some improvements I feel that Samsung has made with the device first.  Just to be clear, I am using the Galaxy S6 flat, not the Edge. 

First, and foremost, I would like to say that the new design is beautiful.  It is very similar to the new iPhones, but has its own “flavor” of unique qualities.  The device comes with a shiny metal trim, with a Glass front and a glass covered back. The rear has the camera sensor and the medical sensor.  The speaker is located at the bottom right corner along with the microphone, and the headset jack is at the bottom left.  The screen is a 5.1 inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display – yes the display is Fantastic!

Back.jpgfront.jpg

The device comes packed with a 64-bit Quad 2.1 GHz processor and a Quad 1.5GHz processor (making it an Octo-core processor).  I have noticed that my device does not get quite as warm as some of my other high-end devices I have had when utilizing a plethora of apps at the same time. 

The camera is amazing. It has a 16 megapixel rear camera and a 5 megapixel front facing camera.  With HDR turned on, it takes really high quality pics in a quick amount of time.  The camera has multiple modes, one of which is Pro mode – my favorite to toy with. You can control ISO, WB, focus, and you can save the settings you configure as a customized setting. 

The Heart-beat sensor is a nice addition to the device.  Using the S-Health app, you can get your heart-rate, oxygen saturation level along with the functions of the pedometer, it can keep track of the number of steps. A great tool for those who wish to improve their workout routine.

Finally, it has a 2550 mAh battery that offers up to 23 hours talk time.  I have noticed excellent battery life with my device. Multiple hours of streaming with about half of my battery consumed.  The great thing about this device is that it supports quick charge 2.0, and it comes with a 2mA battery charger.

0 Comments

Do you find it a hassle to be always pulling your phone in to charge at your desk? Do you often think it would far more convenient to just set the phone down at have to charge on the spot? Perhaps you just like to have cool new things before the crowd catches on. If you can answer yes to any of these questions then a wireless charging pad for your new Galaxy S6 Edge is for you.

For my first wireless charging experience I have gone with the Samsung Wireless Charging Pad that retails at full price for $49.99. The pad uses Qi (pronounced chee) inductive technology to charge the GS6 and other compatible devices when placed correctly.

I am pretty cheap and must admit that paying 50 bucks for a something to set my phone on was a bit of stretch for me. Especially now that I have grown accustomed to the adaptive fast charging capability with the out of the box plug in charger of the GS6. Nonetheless, new is cool and I like being cool.

charging pad.jpg

There are also many other Qi charger devices on the market that can be found at a lower price point if you want to start at a lower price.

The Samsung pad has an attractive design and the size is not obtrusive on my desk at all. The glowing halo with the charging status adds neat visual so I know at glace if I am fully juiced or still in progress.

There is of course one drawback in that the device is not charging when taken off the pad. This takes away the advantage of being able to charge the phone with a plug in and still handily use for talking and surfing.

Here is a link to the youtube version of the unboxing.

Keep in mind that although wireless, the pad itself does require to be plugged into a power source using the 2 AMP USB cable that is included. It is important to note the included warning, “requires 2 AMP charging cable. Use of improper power source may result in damage to charging pad.” I am confident that other 2 AMP chargers will work fine but to be safe I am sticking with the power source that came with the pad.

Be sure you are not plugging the pad into a high AMP charger or some other that may damage your new fancy charging wiz machine.

The Qi charging standard is working hard to be the wave of the future with even IKEA getting in the game with furniture, lamps and other items on the way in 2015 that will have this capacity. Imagine having your device charge wirelessly while lounging at the coffee shop, airport and other places. This convenience has the possibility to be very popular as the standard grows.

0 Comments

I've heard a lot about the marginal battery life on the S6.  I've found that at the office, I'll get through a full day of work without having to recharge, but I've never thought too much about it because I always have access to a Quick Charger.

However, last weekend I had a chance to test side-by-side with my wife's S6 out at the ballfield.  No chargers in site, 9+ hours of competitive softball!   I set my S6 to 'Reduced Power Consumption Mode' while she left hers at full draw.  We both checked the weather frequently (heavy weather coming in), shot lots of photos, videos and updated our social networks.  We both had our screens set to Auto Brightness. I could tell my screen just wasn't quite as bright, but perfectly visible on an overcast day.

After 9 hours of ball, she was down in the warning zone of 15% battery or less; while I was at 32% - still plenty of juice to go the distance!

Now the reduced power mode does cut CPU performance - if you're into gaming, you're going to loose some FPS - but it didn't impact browsing, social networks, photography and image editing or network data speeds.  So I think it's a great compromise to squeak out an extra few hours of use before you can get back to your quick charger!

-- Will

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of

the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint

devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares

their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not

necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an

official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an

official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

One of the best features on the Galaxy phones has always been the burst photo mode.  I've been using it for years from the original S3 to the latest S6.  On the S6, you don't have to specifically enable the burst photo mode - just press and hold the shutter button and the camera will take a long series of rapid fire shots.  On older phones, there was a noticeable lag before the burst started; on the S6, it's nearly instant.  The shots per second have improved too, capturing every detail in a fast motion sporting event.

Focus and stopping action are extremely strong on the S6 - under overcast skies I was able to stop this fastpitch softball shot - at 4x digital zoom too! 

20150509_153637_012.jpg

Sports photography is easy and successful with the Galaxy S6 - fast focus, amazing burst mode, long reach clear digital zoom - all make it a winner.  This is going to be a great summer of softball and photos with the Galaxy S6!

- Will

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.