cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buzzing noise on WiFi calling.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Buzzing noise on WiFi calling.

Ok, here's an odd one. My Wifi calling is not working right on most of my incoming calls. This is what people hear:[inappropriate link removed][1]

1 out of 3 to 4 calls go through normally and we can hear each other. The other calls the person on the other end hears this. The fist silence is when I hit mute on and then off. The dial tones are me pushing a number on the dial pad. My texts seem to be fine and go through quickly... Is it the phone? My WiFi calling has always been "odd". There would be weird delays when talking that make conversations a little difficult and then a few weeks ago people started calling and hanging up when I answer and then calling me back.. I finally asked why they hung up and they said they couldn't hear me. So I tested today and heard that buzzing almost every time.

What should I do?

Message was edited by: The Moderator
This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: 
http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-comm...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Buzzing noise on WiFi calling.

reset your modem and router if you dont have the combo set up. then post what the results are. another test you can do to rule out your home net is to hit up another wifi connection and test it out..any other connection would work..same results then its an issue with the phone somehow..if it works fine then its your home net..possibly the modem/router.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

It's not my router/mode or wifi network. This happens both at work and at home. I've reset my home router and modem twice since I've posted (to test this) and I've also put my phone on a secondary ISP at work (we have 3 different providers, a fiber connection, cable modem, and T1 line). I also can use google voice through hangouts and that works flawlessly (different technologies though, so I'm not sure that's a valid "test"). I've tried it with QoS off and on, giving priority to VoIP traffic including UDP/TCP port 4500. Still no go. Only every 3rd or 4th call works without a nasty buzzing noise.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree with TheCode Monkey, this just started happening about two weeks ago on my wife's Samsung S6 when using WiFi Calling feature.  It is not particular to any router; it happens on all routers that I've used.  In my case, the party I call hears a very loud buzzing sound on every call. I can hear them just fine, but they don't hear me at all.   I have a Samsung S4 but I cannot verify that it also occurs with it as I've hand WiFi calling turned off forever due to very unreliable performance.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i have a feeling its this device and not the WFC itself. i dont see it on my M9 and im not seeing a lot of feedback reports in the other forums for the other devices. you might see it here and there but its not wide spread like one would think if it was a Wifi Calling issue itself.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I had this problem too. There was an OTA update just released today and so far that seems to have fixed it, or at the very least reduced the number of calls with buzzing. I tried 4 calls on my work wifi network, none of which had the buzzing. The first call had no voice transmitted from my S6 to my work phone, but the following 3 calls worked like a charm. Hopefully this fixes it for you.

On a side note, I went to the Samsung Experience at my local Best Buy this past weekend and nobody there had heard of the issue before. They tried to re-flash with the newest OS, but that didn't work. I hadn't had a chance to visit a Sprint store to talk to them about it though.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

this ability is so new im almost doubtful a repair store would have much to try out other than the usual stuff most of us know to attempt anyways.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, pretty much. Who knows, maybe there was that one random person who has dealt with this before and knows a fix.

Maybe it's worth a shot to run across the street to HQ and see if they know anything? Yeah, probably not.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

its always possible..then again this might be like many apps and such out there..it might be a beta and is constantly being monitored . cant build a car without running into a ton of issues with it in the process lol.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue. Tried upgrade to the OJ7 build from Nov. and it didn't fix it. Has anyone had any luck with this?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

G920PVPU3BOL1 12/11/2015
  • Security Updates
G920PVPU3BOJ7 11/04/2015
  • Sprint Global Roaming
  • Google Security Patch
  • Bug Fixes
Highlighted
GrandMaster

looks like youre still an update behind. the latest one says it has some bug fixes but nothing specific to wfc.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat