cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buzzing sound in s6 camera

Go to solution
Journeyman

Buzzing sound in s6 camera

I have had my S6 for about 4 months and every time that i open the camera app it makes a buzzing noise and has a really hard time focusing.  The phone has been in a case since day 1 and has not been dropped.  Anybody having the same problem if so what did you do about it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Buzzing sound in s6 camera

clear the data and cache for the camera app through settings-apps. make sure all your pics are backed up just in case..then test it again. more than likely though you'll need to go to a repair store and have them run some tests on it. it might not be something easily fixed but at least they can throw some attempts at it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
GrandMaster

clear the data and cache for the camera app through settings-apps. make sure all your pics are backed up just in case..then test it again. more than likely though you'll need to go to a repair store and have them run some tests on it. it might not be something easily fixed but at least they can throw some attempts at it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

My s6 edge has the same issue.very annoying problem. Tapping on the camera lens itself has helped sometimes. I believe it may be a problem with the ois - optical image stabilization. Most likely will require a replacement phone through your tep insurance.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

try this..keep in mind be gentle..put SLIGHT pressure on the lens itself in case its came loose. something might not be seating right in there..if you hear a slight click the lens was popping loose or not fully locked in..again slight pressure.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The camera needs to be replaced... my s6 was doing this the first week, had it replaced and it no longer makes the sounds or has wavy function when opened... just had the front facing camera replaced too due to blue dots in low light conditions...

Highlighted
Journeyman

How did you get it replaced?
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat