cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging issues with galaxy s6

Go to solution
Journeyman

Charging issues with galaxy s6

I've had my galaxy s6 since November 2015. Just recently I've started having issues charging it. I've tried wireless charging and 2 regular wall chargers. It's weird because when I try a different charger for 1-2 nights it's charges just fine, but then after that initial 1 or 2 nights of charging fine it stops charging around 60-70% and just stays there...even though it shows the charging icon! Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? 

27 REPLIES 27
Sprint Social Care

Re: Charging issues with galaxy s6

Good morning Bogatzki

Thanks for reaching out. Your best bet is to take the device to a Sprint Repair store for a diagnosis. If you have insurance and there is no physical damage, they can order you a replacement for free. If you don't have insurance, and the  device is not even a year old, them it will be covered by Samsung warranty. For a store near you visit: http://sprint.co/1bWupaC

If you have any other questions or concerns. let us know.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I do not have insurance on my phone, but it is less than a year old.  Since it's still covered under Samsung warranty would I have to sent it to them to get it replaced or would it get replaced at the Sprint store?

Sprint Social Care

Hi. Good question. Since it is a warranty issue, you will have to send it to Samsung. Samsung usually takes between 7-12 business days to get your device back to you. If you have an old Sprint phone or have a friend who has one, I would recommend that you swap the device temporally.  

It’s easy to activate a new phone or swap one device for another. To get started visit

http://sprint.co/1RW6bh9

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Juan,

I have been having a similar issue with my phone--it barely charges, and has to be left on airplane mode to get it to charge at all. It will charge all the way, but drains very quickly. It also will no longer rapid charge. I have insurance, so I took it to the Sprint store. They confirmed that there was no damage with the phone, and tried other chargers as well as wiping my phone (without letting me back anything up first, which was irritating to say the least). After 3 hours of troubleshooting, they informed me that the battery itself had likely gone bad, but that there was no way to get a phone other than mailing mine to Samsung, despite having insurance. I don't have a spare phone to use in the meantime, and I see above that you said that a Sprint store should be able to order a replacement for a phone without physical damage if it is not working correctly. Can you advise me on what I need to do to get that done? I requested that multiple times in the store, as I used to work for Sprint and was aware that this had been an option in th e past, and was told repeatedly by the store manager that there was no way this could be done, my only option was sending the phone to Samsung. I just want a working phone, but I'm on call and cannot be without a phone for 2 weeks while Samsung fixes it....

Sprint Social Care

Hello jobear83

I'm very concern to read the outcome of your visit to that store. Let me take a closer look at the account and see why your device was not replaced right there and then. Did you go to a corporate store? Please send us a private message with your phone number and account PIN, or answer to the security question by clicking HERE.

Juan

Sprint social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Social Care

Hi Bogatzki

If you don't have insurance, you can still have a Sprint Repair Store take a look at your device. The good thing is that the device is under a year old, so the warranty is still good. However, if you do need to send it out, you will have to be without a device for some time. No one wants to be without a device, so if you have an old Sprint phone laying around, you can swap it temporarily and it's free! To swap your device visit: http://sprint.co/1RW6bh9 For a Sprint Repair Store near you  visit: http://sprint.co/1bWupaC

Juan

Juan
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

you can see what it would cost to expedite the shipping to and from and if its not an arm and a leg that might be an option..im not a Samsung fan boy but i take it the S6 battery is non removable?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have had the same issue with my Galaxy 6 and when I took it in, Sprint told me my port was defective and it was my fault.  I have been a customer with Sprint for 15+ years and never had a charging port issue.  I was totally taken back on how the store in Lansing, IL treated me. I will never go back to that store unless they get all new management and employees!!!!

Sprint Social Care

kristinburke01 It's concerning to read this type of feedback. We want to ensure your satisfaction with positive customer service.I would like to help you file an employee feedback on this store. Has the port on the device been repaired? Send us a private message with your phone number and account PIN, or answer to the security question by clicking HERE.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

the charging port is considered a wear item when it comes to devices..so usually unless it stars off as broken it falls back on the customer. there are some repair stores that can do repairs like changing out screens and possibly changing out that section of the phone..which currently i cant remember if that part was on its own or a part of the board itself.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Same problem within months. Took to store. Rep worked with it over an hour. Finally said they had to replace it. Raised my bill not told. Replacement...less than 3 months has other issues. Given S7 etc, considering go to brand most 20 years is gone!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat