Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped calls and weak signal galaxy s6

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Dropped calls and weak signal galaxy s6

My wife and i both receieved our new galaxy s6's recently. We have 1 or zero bars while at home or walking in our neighborhood. We drop calls a few times a day. If i switch to cdma only, i get full signal. I live at yhe corner of biltmore street ans high street in north arlington nj. Can anybody help me before i go back to my verizon s5 that get reception everywhere. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint has released a patch today for the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge to help those customers experiencing a high amount of dropped calls. Please read this post to learn more:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/samsung/samsung-gala...

Thanks for being Sprint customers!

CJ

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Wizard

KyleGoltsch1 - Thanks for the info. I am showing that the tower that covers your area has yet to be upgraded. This means that the LTE or Spark function will not work in your area yet. This is most likely the nature of the issue that you are facing in your area.

Sean
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

So what would be beat way to receive the best signal? Should i keep it on cdma only? There are major limitations to cdma (from what i read). seems zilly to have the best phone but be handcuffed by a 20 year old network configuration.

Highlighted
Wizard

KyleGoltsch1 - I definitely get where you are coming from. At this time I would suggest keeping the devices on CDMA only until further upgrades are done on your area. I realize that switching back and forth is a hassle and I am confident that you will not have to deal with this for very long.

Sean
Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for the quick response. I will watch for updates in my neighborhood.

Highlighted
Wizard

KyleGoltsch1 - Not a problem at all. Please keep us posted on this issue. Have a great rest of your evening.

Sean
Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

So my phone is doing the same thing Galaxy S6 Edge. It is dropping calls, 3 times pert 10 min call its ridiculous!! ever since I've changed to CDMA its fine, but I didn't buy a 4G LTE capable phone to run on 3G SPEEDS!!!!!!

The problem is the HD Voice is cutting out when LTE signal cuts off and sprint is incapable of doing a handoff to CDMA so it cuts out the call.

Could someone at sprint please give me the code instructions to shut off HD Voice so I can use my phone until you put up the correct tower capabilities!!!!

Highlighted

Highlighted
Journeyman

The galaxy s6 is the worse phone u can get it drops calls often. u can't use web and talk on the phone or use ur navigation i had the galaxy s4 and it was so much better even though the s6 has some nice feature with major issues as well

Highlighted

jackoby,

Thanks for your reply. Our newer devices do not support simultaneous voice and data functionality unfortunately. As for the S6 connection issues, this is still being investigated with Sprint and Samsung currently. You can keep updated on news and updates regarding this issue in the device forums, under S6. Thank you,

Sarah
Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

My S6 droped more calls in 3 days than i dtopped in 5 years on sprint and i been with yall 10 years plus i lease 3 of these phone and ill will be taking them all back

Highlighted

JAYMEL081,

We are still working on a resolution for this. Most likely a new update will be pushed out to correct this but we have not been given specifics yet. We will continue to keep you updated on the S6 device forums. As mentioned previously, if you are still within the 14 day return period, you do have the option to return/exchange the device. Please know we are working on this! Thank you for your patients.

Sarah
Sprint Social Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat