cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETA On fix for awful Data and Dropped calls on the S6?

Go to solution
Journeyman

ETA On fix for awful Data and Dropped calls on the S6?

Hi im tired of using my phone in CDMA only mode on my Galaxy S6.  I have never seen this phone have more then 1 bar of lte ever so I have to put it into CDMA or it drains the battery. I live in the Fort Mitchell Kentucky area zip 41017.  It would be nice if you guys would post updates on when your planning to fix this issue. My M8 had great coverage in my house and all around town. I am already past 14 days so I guess i'm stuck with this 700 dollar 3g phone.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: ETA On fix for awful Data and Dropped calls on the S6?

I'm past the 14 day mark too, so we're both stuck. I have only switched my phone to cdma a couple of times. It's mostly when they want me to troubleshoot over the phone so they make the go through the same scripted steps every time. I did notice though, that for the past week or so that my phone has been running just fine on the Spark Network. I didn't see any updates come through or anything, so I don't know for sure that anything has changed, but I have noticed a big improvement with my phone. Have you tried switching back to LTE lately?

And to answer your question about an ETA. I don't think there is one.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hi. I'm a Sprint Product Ambassador and want you to know we REALLY care that you're having a bad experience. We ARE working on a fix for the bad/poor reception issue. I don't have an ETA on fix delivery as we are still refining.

We have a thread going on these issues here:

Re: S6 Edge connectivity issues

I would advise you to take your GS6 into the nearest Sprint owned retail store for exchange. I think their policy is to exchange devices experiencing the problems you describe regardless of 14 day exchange window. If you take your S6 in for exchange (at a Sprint owned store) and they refuse, please speak to the store manager and explain your situation. If that fails please let me know.

Thanks for being a Sprint customer.

CJ

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint has released a patch today to help those customers experiencing a high amount of dropped calls. Please read this post to learn more:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/samsung/samsung-gala...

Thanks for being Sprint customers!

CJ

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat