cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S6 Dropping Calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S6 Dropping Calls

I live in the Boston area and travel the highways of the area often. I got my new Sprint Galaxy S6 last Thursday to replace my Galaxy S4. The S6 drops calls anytime I am in my car and moving. It seems as when the phone move from one cell tower to the next the calls are dropped. They digitize briefly then just drop. I don't know what the problem is but I did not have this issue with my L720T S4 which also used Spark.

First and foremost the S6 must be a reliable phone, it is not. I can not have these issues and I am not willing to be a unpaid beta tester for Sprint, to the contrary I am paying Sprint to be a beta tester for them, not after tomorrow as My lovely white S6 goes back to where I bought it from, I will simply use my tried and true S4 until Samsung and or Sprint and or Google fix this phone. In its current configuration its a complete FAIL. I will explore other phones maybe waiting for the Note 5 as it seems Samsung puts more development into them then the Galaxy series. I speak as an Epic owner, SIII owner, S4 owner and now a very regretful S6 owner. It may be time to drink the Apple cool aid after all... or give the compitition a spin.

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S6 Dropping Calls

I'm having the same issue! I've replaced my Galaxy S6 once, but the new one is having the same issue.

Journeyman

Same here

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hi. I'm a Sprint employee and Product Ambassador. Can you do me a favor and try something? Open up your phone dialer and type in ##UPDATE# (##873283#). Let the phone run through the Profile update and PRL update. Make sure WiFi is OFF before you update. Your phone may or may not reboot. No data or media will be lost.

Post back a reply after you update and let me know your results. Thanks!

CJ

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Journeyman

I am also in the Boston area and have replaced my S6 Edge.  The connectivity is still horrible.  I am told by Sprint that this is not a known issue, and that it must be Samsung's fault, with no fix on the horizon.  Updating my PRL/Profile has also not worked for me.  It's ridiculous that I drop calls every mile while driving. To have to switch out of 4G mode to the older network at all times, or restart my phone each time I am stationary hardly seems like a "solution." I have attempted ##UPDATE# (##873283#) multiple times to no avail.  I NEVER had this problem on my S4.

Journeyman

This fix was useless.  Calls still dropping saying that I have  "No Signal".  I have done many variations of updating my PRL and Profile please find a software or hardware fix!

Thank you

Journeyman

Hi, I tried it. Also went in to a Sprint store, where the technician reactivated the phone. Also replaced my previous GS6 for another one, but having the same issue on the new one.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint has released a patch today for the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge to help those customers experiencing a high amount of dropped calls. Please read this post to learn more:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/samsung/samsung-gala...

Thanks for being Sprint customers!

CJ

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat